Chapter One

Phil's P.O.V

The ding of the bell on the coffee shop door pierces my ears as I walk in, removing my hat from my head. My noes is red from being outside for so long and the entirety of my face is nearly completely numb. It's twelve in the morning and of course I couldn't sleep, like always. Thankfully this shop is always open in the late hours. I shuffle over to the cashier and ask for a decaf coffee. I walk over to a booth, holding my coffee that I cannot wait to drink. Once I'm sat down and comfortable, I absorb my surroundings. It's weird how different things can look at night as opposed to how they look during the day. The lights are dim,the atmosphere is quiet enough to hear a pin drop and the place is almost thoroughly empty, except there is one other person here, he is sitting at a table across the shop from me.

He is on his phone while drinking what seems to be a strawberry milkshake. His hair is a very dark brown, almost black. It is styled fairly close to how mine is, but not quite. His eyes are brown like the steaming coffee placed in front of me and his skin looks very pale in contrast to his dark apparel. He looks up from his phone towards my direction. I immediately feel panicked, worrying he saw me starring at him, however, in no time he is back to starring a this phone screen. Phew.

Dan's P.O.V

The coffee shop is quiet and calm. There is only one other person other than me... and he's really cute, and I think I saw him starring at me. He has jet black hair that perfectly frames his face. His cheeks are rosy red, seeing as he was just outside in the cold, but it makes him look cute. His eyes are so blue its incredible, I wish I could get a closer look at them... I hate the feeling of seeing cute boys that I know I'll never get to meet.
He lifts his head up and looks towards me, my face turns bright red and I innocently drink my milkshake and try to act as casual as can be. I check the time on my phone, it's one in the morning already, I shouldn't be out this late, I have class in the morning. I quickly finish my milkshake and throw it in the trash bin. I push in my chair, making an accidental screech, making me cringe. I look around to see if the cute boy had noticed and of course he was. I quickly rush out of the shop, hoping there will be no more awkward encounters. Just as I pass the boy, I trip on my shoelaces and plummet to the ground, smacking my face on the marble floor.

Phil's P.O.V

"Oh my god, are you alright?!" I say as I kneel down to help the boy that has just tumbled to the ground in front of me. He releases a small grunt and lifts up his head. His dazed eyes meet mine. "Are you okay?" I repeat myself.

"Uh, yes..."He says slowly and pushes himself up to his knees and then I grab his arm to help him up on to his feet.

"Maybe you should sit down for a minute." I suggest and offer him a seat at the table I was sitting at. He sits down without much thought and holds his hand over the area of his head that must have made direct impact with the floor. "Are you sure that you're okay? You fell pretty hard." I begin to worry.

"Ya, I think I'm okay." He puts his hand down onto the table and I notice there is a red smudge on his hand.

I look at his hand for a second and then my eyes bolt up to his forehead. It is bleeding a lot, more than I think is safe. The blood is starting to run down the side of his face. "uh, you're bleeding." I say, with eyes riddled with concern.

"Am I?" He looks down at his hand. His eyes widen and he stands up, in a panicked state. "Should I get a band-aid..." His words are slurred and slow. I think there may be something really wrong with him.

"Uh, I think you need more than a band-aid. I think that you should go to the hospital." I suggest.

"I don't have anything on it, I can't go to the hospital without a health card or money..." He runs his hands through his hair and scrunches up his eyes, presumably from the headache that he must have from the impact.

"How far away is your house?" I ask him.

"I live on campus at the university of Manchester. It's about a ten minute walk from here." He leans against the table.

"You could go home and get everything you need and then call a cab to take you to the hospital?" I suggest.

"That's a good idea..." He slurs and begins to walk away.

He almost trips a few times on his way out, I feel like I'm obligated to make sure that he gets to his dorm and to the hospital safely... even though I don't know him. I get up, leaving my coffee at the table and walk beside him. "I think it would be best if I went with you, you know, just in case you fall or get lost or something."

"Okay." He smiles.

He seems unsteady so I put my arm around his waist for support. As soon as I touch him I feel butterflies flying around in my stomach. I immediately feel disgusted with myself. I am not supposed to get this feeling with another man. It's wrong... it's wrong... I trail off into thought while looking at the snow fall from the sky and onto the ground in front of us. The chilling wind is blowing against us which is not helping the freezing walk to his dorm.

After another five cold minutes of walking, we arrive. He shakily unlocks the door and opens it. He motions for me to go in first and I nod in recognition.

"What's everything that you need to get?" I ask.

"Uh, I need my wallet and my phone charger." He replies, while rummaging through the pockets of a pair of jeans he picked up from the floor.

"Would you like help with anything?" I offer.

"Would you be able to call a taxi, please?" He asks.

"Sure thing," I reply while taking out my phone and dialing the number for a taxi. "Um, hello, taxi services? I need a taxi sent to the dorms of the University of Manchester... okay, thanks." I put down the phone. "They'll be here in ten minutes."

"Alright. I'm going to get a cloth to clean up the blood" he says, and walks into the washroom.

"No!" I yell. He looks at me with a very perturbed look. "It's because once you get to the hospital, if it looks like your injury is more severe they will take you faster."

"Good thinking" he says.

"We walk out of his dorm and into the parking lot, waiting for the taxi to arrive. I look at him and say, "My name is Phil, by the way. With everything that's happened, we haven't gotten a chance to formally introduce ourselves." I put out my hand for him to shake.

He grabs my hand, "It's nice to meet you Phil, my names Dan." He smiles.

The feeling of his hand against mine sends chills down my spine. His touch feels like ecstasy. Reluctantly, I pull my hand away, wishing that I didn't have to. I immediately snap out of it, it is wrong to feel this way. I'm not supposed to feel like that, it's not who I am... It's just because I'm tired... ya, that's it.

Before long the taxi arrives. "Would you like me to come with you?" I ask him.

He smiles at me shyly and replies, "I couldn't ask that of you, you probably have things you need to do."

"It's no bother, I just want to make sure you're safe." I smile in return.

"Then, Phil, I would love it if you would accompany me on my adventure to the hospital at one thirty in the morning." He laughs.

We both get into the taxi, him on the right side, myself on the left. I say to the driver, Manchester hospital please." and with that, he takes off.