down to earth

i hate walking to class.

it seemed so far away. i hate it when my feet get tired, it means i've put too much work on them just to reach somewhere i want to be, and it hurts. but, it was same for my mom, she was tired, and i didn't want to put work in her so early in the morning.

"mom, i'm heading out now!" i called, once i was in my cloak and ready to walk into the rainy day.

"bye, chloe." i heard her say, before i shut the door and a cold breeze runs through me.

thankfully i had an umbrella in my backpack, in case mother nature decided to rain on my parade. it was only the lightest bit of drizzling right now, and i didn't mind it, so i walked like it was any normal day.

the subway would take me on an adventure, and as i passed the stairs that lead underground, i became hesitant. class was boring, and i hated boring. but, it was only way i was going to survive around here, a proper education, so i sighed as i continued my way to the bland building.

i recognized a few faces on my walk. it was the same people that worked at the same time i did every week day. like marcia, the brunette girl who wore sunglasses all the time, and it wasn't any different now, even when there was no sun out. then, we have harry, the boy who's always in a rush, and jaclyn, who rode the subway every morning, i learned.

of course, none of them knew me, i was nonexistent to them, but i knew them. so it's all good.

the building was getting closer, and i slowed down. i wanted to avoid as much class-time as i can, but not be late. i don't want to show up early, and sit there silently and like a loner. i want to get there at the exact time class starts.

this was my typical morning. not very exciting. well, what were you expecting? i'm not exciting myself.

--

Okay I wasn't planning to publish this because we can all agree I take four years to update my stories and I'm not on a lot but I thought I'd share this with you, because I'm pretty proud of it.

-Maddie