Chapter One

"Well why the hell not?" I ask fiercely. "Because. Do I really have to reason myself?" He tells me. I glare at him and walk away. Whatever. If he doesn't see that I care about him, then he can go be with whatever slut he wants to. I had been dating Jeramiah for three months, and then today he tells me that he doesn't like me anymore. It's like I'm this pimple on his face that he wants to get rid of.... so that makes her the acne cream. Ok, bad metaphor. Anyway, tonight was my last string. This shit is too much. Like, every teen says they hate their life, but when I say it, I really mean it. I'm not a cutter or anything, but tonight I just snapped. As I walk past my house I think of my parents in there, most likely fighting about me. I walk past the park, through the busy streets of my neighborhood (not), and up main street. When I get to downtown, I pull out my phone. 1:37am. Just fabulous. I head to the coffee shop down the road and get a donut and cappuccino. After that I go to my favorite place in the city- the creaky bridge. As I slowly walk in that direction, I hear footsteps behind me. At first I don't think anything of it, But it doesn't stop. When I get to the bridge, I spin around.