One Shot

My name is Ethan Monroe and I am going to share you my story. On how I loved truly, madly and deeply.

I had this 3 year relationship with Andrea Gonzales. We had an amazing relationship because we started off as friends, We always find comfort in each others arms. From good morning to good night, From mondays to sundays we always communicate.

Recently we had a huge fight and we broke up. For a month, We did not talk. For a month, We did not see each other. Many months had passed and I still am trying to move on. But I cannot do it because I still love her.

But I don't know what to do with it so I shrugged it off. I tried distracting myself with other activities and dating but it does not work too well.

Frustrated about myself, I sighed loudly and groaned frustratedly while running my fingers through my hair.

My mother came in and she smiled at me. She gently rubbed my back as I relaxed under her touch. Mothers has the most powerful touch in the world, It makes me feel at ease. That's why I love my mother.

I looked up my mother and I decided to open up with her.

"Mom? How do you unlove?" I asked and she chuckled slightly

"Sweetie, We can't unlove a person who had once became a big part of our lives. That person would always remain a spot in our hearts no matter what happens ." She spoke softly

"Mom. I still love Andrea, What am I gonna do?" I sighed

She looked at me and said

"Follow your heart. Life is too short to be sidetracked by everyone else  wants you to do." She pointed at my chest and she hugged me.

"What if I don't?" I asked

"The cost of not following your heart is not spending the rest of your life wishing you had." She ruffled my hair and I hugged her

"Thank you mom, You are the greatest girl in my life no matter what happens." She hugged me tighter this time.

"Go, Follow your heart." She motioned me to go.

I smiled at her

"I will." With that, I left the house

I'm searching everywhere to find her.

I practically ran and ran just to find her. My love for her came this far. I'll never stop searching until I found her

To tell her I love her

I love everything about her.  Her shining eyes until her bright smiles. Her painful tears to her adorable fears.

And I'm sorry 'bout the mistakes I've done

I really regret what I've done. Every mistake deserves a second chance and I'm not planning to waste that chance.

I found her standing in front of the church.

Tears go down my eyes as I saw her. She was on the church

The only place in town where I did not search.

She saw me. She took small steps while smiling at me.

She looks so happy on her wedding dress

She grabs my hand and started to say things I did not imagine she will say.
She's crying while saying this and I can't  help but do the same.

"Boy I missed your kisses all the time but this is twenty five minutes too late. Though you've travelled so far; Boy I'm sorry but your twenty five minutes too late." She said while smiling

She lets go of my hand.

Little by little she is taking steps backwards towards the church.
She finally reached the church and opened the door.

I sat on the ground. Tears blurring my vision. How I wish I could take back that twenty five minutes. Our love can never be replaced. I've searched across the universe, Seen many things so beautiful its true. But I never seen nothing like her. Yet I know someday I will.

Someday.

This is my story. Though its not a happy ending it does not mean that its not worth telling.

I walked home with a tear stained face. My mother hugged me and rubbed my back gently as I choked a sob

"Atleast you tried fighting for whats yours. Now you may spend the rest of your life not having a single regret on what you had fight for."

-author signing off-

End.

-Author Ey.-

(Edited)

Desicated to : ajimathree