Unexpected Love | Prologue

Sitting in a front row seat at a Los Angeles Lakers' game wasn't what I had planned for my Saturday night.

But here I was, after being dragged here by my best friend, Promise. Promise is a die-hard Lakers' fan, but me? I'm the total opposite.

Don't get me wrong, the Lakers' are a great team. One of my favorites. But I'm not truly a fan because of a certain somebody who had recently been drafted onto the team.

D'Angelo Danté Russell.

Also known as the arrogant, smart-mouthed asshole who bullied me through my four years of high school. Though we graduated four years ago, I'm still have hatred for him.

All of those years he bullied me, called me names, made me feel ugly, those years left a permanent mark. And because D'Angelo was the captain of the basketball team, and 'Mr. Popular', everyone followed him. Meaning, everyone bullied me.

I wasn't the prettiest girl in high school. I had really ugly skin, braces, no breast or booty, bad acne, glasses, and a very low self esteem. So I got bullied for it. But I bet if my high school classmates were to see my 'glo up', they wouldn't be bullying me now.

Now I'm a beautiful light skin woman. After hitting the squats, I gained a little booty and eventually grew some breasts. I have a beautiful skin and complexion, and long hair. Plus, a great self esteem.

But here I was, sitting in the exact seat behind my high school bully, hoping he wouldn't notice me.

It was the second quarter of the game and I can't lie, D'Angelo wasn't bad at all. He was currently sitting on the sideline, next to Kobe Bryant, right in front of me. They were chopping it up, like the best of friends.

I wasn't really paying attention to the game or Promise. I was so focused on trying to hide from D'Angelo.

"Chanel!" Promise yelled.

Why the hell would she say my name?

"What?" I put my focus on her.

"Pay attention!"

I sighed before putting my attention back on the game. The Lakers were playing the Sacramento Kings, and God, they had some cuties! None of them were better looking than D'Angelo though.

As much as I hate to admit it, D'Angelo was fine as hell. From head to toe. I'm not a hater, so I'm not going to lie and say he's not. But he bullied me, so that's a major turn off.

Once again, I was zoning out. I wasn't even aware of Promise calling my name.

"Chanel Mali Underwood!" She basically yelled loud enough for everyone to hear.

I faced her, giving her a dirty look for screaming my name loud enough for D'Angelo to hear.

"What?!"

"Snap out of it! You have front row tickets to a Lakers' game! Plus, you have fine ass D'Angelo Russell in front of you! And you don't wanna pay attention? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

"Sorry, damn." I turned back around to see something I didn't want to see.

A smirking D'Angelo Russell who was staring at my breasts, which were propped up in my Kobe Bryant jersey.

"Chanel?"

I looked around, pretending to not know who he was talking about.

"Oh, c'mon, Chanel. You know I'm talking about you. You little Chanel from Montverde!" D'Angelo spoke.

"Yeah. Also, the girl you used to bully." I mumbled.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that. But believe me, I'm not the arrogant asshole I used to be," He said, before being spoke to by his coach. "I gotta go back in the game. But, I wanna talk to you after the game. I'll meet you in the parking lot, baby girl."

With that, he walked away before running back into the game.

What does he wanna talk about?
________________________________

New story alert!

Written by wavvyrae & I.

It's a D'Angelo Russell fan fiction.  Yall know that I was eventually gonna write up something about bae!

Chanel in the MM.

Hope you guys like it!

Subscribe, like, comment, share, and add to your library!

Thanks so much! Love you guys!

- MilanTheWriter