chapter one

Fireflight flew though the trees, sniffing out food. Fireflight was a air demon, meaning he had wings. His wings were a dark red with black tips. What he wore was a neon green tank top and blue jeans, and on his wrists he wore a hairband, because he liked to tie up his hair, which was down to the bottom of his neck. The other wristband he had on was a piece of string that was a royal blue, given to him by waterleaf.
____________bluh_________

Waterleaf's POV
I was waiting for Fireflight, again.... why the hell is he so fucking late with food?!?! I unfolded my wings, and flew upwards. I don't really have proper wings, they are like very large fins, but I can still fly with them. I landed on a high tree branch, soon spotting Fireflight. As I fly towards him, I hear a gunshot. Shit, hunters... I have to get Fireflight out of the sky. I fly over quickly, and speak to him in a language only demons know. We use this language only in emergencies like this.
"Kala suopa, selu maluki" ( hunters, get out of the sky)
A/N: I made up this language. If these actually mean something in other languages, just go with the flow. Also the stuff in parentheses is what it means. I suck at making up words!!TxT

"Hulia suliuti, melutia seyito fratugeh." (Alright, but we need to hide somewhere.) I thought for a minute before thinking of something really stupid, but it might work. I directed Fireflight down to the ground, and explained my plan there, not in demon language, because I'm a little rusty, and I can't always understand what Fireflight is saying. A/N: the real reason is because this language is hard to fucking write!TxT
"We need to disguise ourselves as humans. If we are going to live without being hunted, we need to blend in." He gave me a confused look, then nodded. " Alright, but we need human names." That would be easy. We both agreed on me being called ' Sebastian Rivers', and Fireflight's human name being ' Alexander James'.
We both quickly hid our demon features, meaning I hid my fins and gills, and Fireflight hid his wings and tail. We both wore hoodies, for extra hiding.
"Hey, you two, have you seen two demons around here?" The hunter says, obviously angry he had lost his prey. " Nope." The disguised demon beside me says. After they left, I realized, if people see us like this, always in the woods, they will know we are demons. We need to be like normal people.