Her

Ding dong.

Kailah Orfilia presssed the small white button beside the huge oak door. She shakily blew a breath into the air, watching as it created a little cloud in the night sky. It was not just cold, but freezing. Kailah stuffed her hands in her pockets and waited for someone to answer the door.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Kailah stood in the cold air that was making her nose runny, and her fingertips numb for two more minutes before swinging the door knocker and ringing the bell once more.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Still, she got no answer.

"H-hello?" Kailah shivered and reached for the bell once more. "Anybody ho-" The bell zapped the poor girl's finger, and the porch lights began to flicker. Kailah jumped back, and slipped on a little puddle that had frozen over.

The girl fell to the ground and hit her head on the brick wall beside her. "Ouch..." Kaiah rubbed the back of her head and glanced over at the puddle.

That's odd.

Kailah leaned over the ice, but instead of her reflection, she saw a glob of red. She whipped her head around, breathing heavily, and checked her surroundings. There was no one there but her.

There's nothing there Kailah! You're just a paranoid little wimp!

The brunette sighed, creating yet another cloud in the air, and got back up onto her feet. Kailah fixed her beanie and scarf as she made her way back to her tiny little rusted 'punch-bug'.

Opening the passenger side door, she sat down and called the residents who lived at this overly sized mansion. The phone rang, but nobody picked up so she left a message.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Zealostrife, it's Kailah, the babysitter... I'm sitting outside your house right now, I knocked and rang the doorbell but I don't think anyone is home... I don't see your car either, so maybe you're out somewhere and running late? I just wanted to know if Amaleah's home, and maybe she just doesn't know it's me... Call me back or text me when you can, thank you, bye."

As if on cue, the front door slowly creaked open as the babysitter ended the call. She looked up from her phone, distracted by the noise, and cautiously made her way back to the now darkened porch.

Kailah bit her lip -a nervous habit she bad gotten from her mom- and stopped at the porch steps, not wanting to go any further. "He-" She stopped. It would be a bad idea to call out if someone was there. It would give away where she was, right?

Screw it.

"Leah?"  Kailah called out into the darkness. "Leah, it's Kailah, can you turn the lights on? I can barely see a thing." Kailah heard the creaking of wooden floor boards, and took a step up the stairs, her eyes darting around nervously.

"Amaleah?" She croaked.

Flash!

Kailah jumped back, frighted by the sudden flare of the porch light that had revealed a little girl. She had long, silvery white hair that fell down to her knees. She wore black tap shoes, white stockings, and a frilly light pink dress.

What scared Kailah, was the red stains on the girl's dress and stockings along with a red cape with a hood to match, it covered her face with a shadow, and concealed the girl's identity. What Kailah did not know, was that the cape also concealed a knife, clutched in the small girl's arms.

Tap, tap, psssh, thud, flash!

Before slitting poor Kailah's throat, and before disappearing in a flash, the hooded girl chocked out the lyrics of her very own song that she sang to all of her victims:

"Papá, Tha se do stin kólasi!"