Nightmares and Comfort

Ciel absolutely hated staying in the Trancy manor. He didn't trust anyone there . He had fallen asleep once, but didn't feel safe with his guard down. Sebastian was elsewhere in the manor and all was silent.

Ciel laid on his back, changing his position for the umpteenth time. Something just didn't feel right. He sighed, doing his best to preserve the silence. He didn't want anyone sneaking into his room without him hearing them.

He had nearly fell back asleep, when a bloodcurdling scream pierced the silence of the night. Ciel shot up out of bed, quickly putting on his eyepatch. He ran out of the guest room and down the hall, grabbing a sword that had been strung up ceremoniously on the wall. He followed the scream to Alois's room.

He only hesitated a moment, before before bursting in the door. The room was empty. No intruders. No demons. And definitely nothing set on attacks. What was in the room, however, was curled up and sobbing a pillow harshly. A short scream would pierce the air every now and again.

Ciel, sword and all, slowly walked over to the bed. Alois's screaming, sobbing form wasn't even conscious. He was having a nightmare, and a horrible one at that. Ciel could've let him suffer, but he knew, having terrifying nightmares himself, how intense nightmares felt. He slowly shook the Trancy boy, saying his name, so as to wake him up. After about the fifth shake, Alois woke up, screaming and thrashing. A stray flail caught Ciel's cheek. He let out a yelp of surprise, "Trancy!" Alois ducked his head and tried to scramble away, tear pouring down his face in thick rivers, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! Please don't, master!"

Master? What was Alois talking about. Ciel put down the sword, "Alois, what in the bloody hell are you talking about?!" Alois studied Ciel for a moment, "C-Ciel? Ciel Phantomhive?" Ciel nodded once, unsure as to why Alois was asking his whole name. Alois wiped his tears and looked down, "I'm sorry you had to see that." Ciel looked around a moment, "Where are your butlers?" Ciel had told his servants, and Sebastian, to never let him suffer a nightmare. He had told them to always wake him from a dream like that. Sebastian and the others had admitted they would've done it anyways for him. Wouldn't Trancy butlers do the same? No one seemed to come or be coming. It was odd. Even Ciel wasn't going to make his enemy suffer like that.

Alois shook like a leaf, a fragile expression stuck to his face. He was so vulnerable, yet Ciel didn't feel the need to take advantage of this state. He wanted to comfort the boy. 'It's probably because of my experience with bad nightmares,' Ciel dismissed in his mind. He slowly sat on Alois's bed, "Alois? Will you let me help?" Alois nodded slowly once, too afraid to lose his only comfort.

Ciel hummed in thought for a moment, "Alright... Um... Tell me what your nightmare was about." Alois's eyes widened, "I-I can't! You'd tell everyone! I can't tell you! There are things I can't let you know!" Ciel frowned, "Alois, I'm trying to make it better. I swear if you tell me, I'll not tell a soul." "Swear on Sebastian. If you tell, you lose him," came the soft request. Ciel nodded at the blond, "Alright. I swear on Sebastian that I won't tell anyone. Better?" Alois nodded, "Be prepared for what I'm going to tell you."

Alois spilled all. His real name. His true life. What the old man did. His brother. His contract. Everything. He sobbed into his hands, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Don't tell. Please. Oh, God. Please don't tell." Ciel was absolutely shocked, "Is it all true? The old Trancy? Your brother?" Alois closed his eyes, "Every bit." Ciel didn't think he could say anything, so he awkwardly pulled the older boy into a hug. Alois returned the his tighter, his tears soaking Ciel's shoulder. He rubbed small circles on Alois's back, "I won't tell anyone. I swore I wouldn't and I'll keep my word."

Alois let go of Ciel and looked the bluenette in the eye. He slowly pulled off the other's eyepatch, wanting to see all of his face. "Thank you," Alois whispered, kissing Ciel quickly, yet tenderly. Ciel sat in shock, unsure what to do. Alois mumbled a quick apology and laid back down. Ciel stroked Alois's hair in soft, slow strokes, "Do you want me to stay until you fall back asleep?" Alois leaned into Ciel's touch, "Will you stay with me tonight?" Ciel's lips twitched upward, "Of course."

He pulled the covers back and crawled under. Alois pulled him close and snuggled him. Ciel wrapped his arms around Alois, feeling soft, smooth flesh. Ciel felt empathy and a little love for the blond. It was a feeling he had suppressed for a while, but he was willing to accept it. Ciel laid his head on Alois's shoulder. The blond smiled and pressed a kiss to the top of the younger's head, "Thank you, Ciel." Ciel mumbled a half asleep, "You're welcome," before meeting sleep once again.

The next morning came far too soon for either teens' liking. Alois woke first, forgetting for a moment why Ciel was in his bed. The moment he remembered, he felt his chest tighten. Did last night's comforts, kisses, and rare Phantomhive smile mean anything? To Alois it meant the world, but Ciel may drop him like a bad habit as soon as he awakens. The fear made Alois curl away from Ciel. He didn't want to get so close and get hurt.

Alois felt tears prick his eyes. What if the little bluenette still hated him? His already shattered heart would just be further away from repair. He couldn't bear the thought. It physically pained him. He needed Ciel like air, and, whether he knew it or not, Ciel needed him like a drug. He face the wall, tears dropping like rain, but he stayed completely silent.

Ciel awoke feeling far to alone when he awoke. There wasn't any warmth pressed against him. He reached around, eyes still closed, feeling for Alois. He felt to warm body several inches away. He wondered if Alois had had another nightmare, but he knew he would've woken up Ciel, were that the case.

He scooted closer to Alois, putting an arm over him. The boy had a warmth all his own. He was so perfect in Ciel's eyes. Milky white skin, pale blond hair, and the most stunning blue he had every seen in anyone's eyes. His heart fluttered like a frightened butterfly, just thinking of the older boy.

A sniffle and hiccup alerted Ciel that Alois was, indeed, awake. Was he crying? What for? A nightmare waking him again? Ciel pulled Alois onto his back. Alois's eyes were closed tight, tears falling more-or-less silently, a pained expression written across his face to top it off. His blond hair was more tousled than normal. Ciel's eyes widened, "Alois?! Hey, what's wrong?" Alois refused to look at him, "J-Just leave me..." Ciel had never heard Alois sound so pathetic, "I'm not leaving you, when you're this upset! I won't leave you! I've just faced a huge decision about you, Alois. I'm going to stand by you." Alois dared a glance at Ciel, who was sitting up by now. He was serious, Alois could see it in his eyes.

Alois launched himself into Ciel's arms, burying his face in the younger's neck, letting his cries be heard now. Ciel held onto Alois, trying to calm him down. In the spark of an idea, he placed several gentle kisses on Alois head and face. It sparked a reaction, that was for sure.

Alois raised his head. His cheeks were dusted powder pink, as he searched the eyes of the bluenette earl, "You really care about me?" The question was little more than a whisper. Ciel put his hand on Alois's cheek, "Of course... of course I care. Hell, I bloody love you." The blonde teen had fresh tears brimming his eyes, "No one has said that to me in years. I-I love you, too, Ciel. I really do." Ciel smiled, a small, genuine smile, "There's no need to cry anymore, Alois. Not now that I'm hear."

Alois laid back down, wanting to just savor the time with Ciel. He pulled Ciel onto his chest. Ciel shifted until he could hear Alois's strong heartbeat. Alois wrapped his arms around Ciel's waist, "Stay forever..." Alois could feel the other's smile as he replied, "Always."