Prologue

An adult troll lays in a pool of her own dull rust colored blood. She had long forgotten the color of her own blood, she had long forgotten herself. She realized this was the end, she was almost satisfied. What a waste this life had been. If only it ended sooner. The dark thoughts circulating through her mind quickly dissipating, leaving a single thought in her mind.

"I wasted my life," she spoke the words barely a raspy whisper. Her thoughts quickly shifted to that small lookalike she once knew. The one she couldn't protect, not when she needed it most. She thought of the trolls she'd met before her world went dark. Finally, she thought of her promise to the single mysterious troll with the funny way of speaking, it was the one promise she could no longer keep but also couldn't bear to break.

For the second time in her life extended as it had been, the adult troll had tears streaming down her face. Her vision blurred as she spoke her last words, only two words but they were meant for only two trolls, the only two she had ever cared about in the thousands of sweeps she had been forced to live through.

"I'm sørry," the words barely audible as she took her last breath.

A/N
   Okay so this is my first attempt at writing a fanfiction, and there will be mistakes. Since I'm new to writing, please tell me what you think and maybe even give your ideas on what I can do better.
    Anyway thanks for reading, I'll try my best to continue writing more.