More Than a Date

Nico's POV.
Three years. Three years ago I was fourteen, I decided to stay at Camp Half-Blood, I met Will Solace, developed a crush on him, went out with him, and fell in love with him. Three years ago, today.
I looked at myself in the mirror. Black T-shirt, black jeans, black combat boots, and black shaggy hair. The only thing that stood out was my camp necklace, with three colorful beads. Will said that he wanted to stay at camp for our anniversary, since that is where we met, so I dressed casual.
I remember the first time I stood here looking at myself in the mirror, self conscious about my first date with him. It scared me at the time, but now I laughed at the memory.
The skull ring is still on my finger, as it has been for years. Looking at it reminded me of Will, and how his hand has held mine so many times.
I heard a knock at the door. That means Will is here for our date.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will's POV.
Today's the day. When I was sixteen I met the wonderfully mysterious, Nico di Angelo. Best day ever. Sure I had seen him around camp before the war with Gaea, and I had a crush on him then. Maybe it was the mystery or maybe it was his beauty. Whatever the reason I liked him.
When he had disappeared from camp before the war, I had dreams of him wondering through Tartarus, and getting kidnapped by giants and locked in a large bronze jar, living off of pomegranate seeds, putting himself in a death trance. I talked to my best friends, Cecil and Lou Ellen non stop about him. Meeting him that was probably the best day of my life. Probably.
I am ready for our date. I dressed in a yellow shirt and jeans with flip flops. My camp necklace hangs around my neck. I knock on his door, nervous about what I am planning to do.
He opens the door looking as beautiful as ever. I'm not going to say that he is handsome, he isn't. He is as beautiful as an angel.
"Ready to go?" I ask, holding out my hand. He took it, intertwining our fingers. I remember the first time we held hands. Back then his coldness would surprise me, now I am used to it.
"Yeah," he says, and smiles with a blush creeping onto his face. I love how says things that are important to him, in a voice that made it seem like it is no big deal. If you look at him though, you can see him smile and blush, meaning that he is happy and pleased.
I lead him into the woods. I do not want to be cliche but I want what I'm going to do, to be in the same place that we had our first date, and craved our names in hearts on the trees.
Don't screw this up, Will! I think to myself and Nico and I lay in the grass.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nico's POV.
We are laying down on the ground and looking up at the sky. The sun is about to set. I look over at Will. He looks like an angel.
His locks of golden hair dazzle in the light. His blue eyes look like they were parts of the sky put in his head. His skin still has that year long perfect California tan. His lips, soft and as pink as strawberries.
Will always says that I'm his angel, but I look nothing like an angel. Plus if I am Will's, he's not mine; he is a gift to this world, not just mine to keep.
We lay there for awhile then sit up to watch the sunset. He puts his arm around my shoulder and I move closer to him putting my head on his shoulder.
After three years I am still shorter and smaller than Will. Not that I mind. Some part of me says that this is not real and I will wake up. Another part is afraid of losing him. Even though I know that this is real.
The sun has set now, and the moon is out. I find it interesting how he looks both beautiful in both the light of the sun and moon. We stand, and he takes both of his hands, and turns me to face him.
"Nico," he says, his voice sounding angelic. "I have to tell you something."
He's going to break up with you, the voice in my head whispers. I ignore it. I focus on him, and look at him to continue.
"I know that you are scared of losing me. Well that's never happing. I love you more than anyone could love someone else. I love you so much it pains me when you are gone, worried, depressed, or anything other than happy. You deserve the best. I know that this is going to sound cliche but I would jump into Tartarus for you. I would use my last dying breath to speak your name. Nico, we have been together for three years now and I know that we are still young but..."
He gets down on one knee and pulls out a little black box.
"Will you marry me?"
As soon as the words left is lips, I froze. Paralyzed. I snapped myself out of it.
"Yes," I say, holding back a sob. Do not cry. He put the ring on my finger. He stood up and pulled me into a deep kiss. Time stops and I cling to the taste of his lips, as the stars come out.
Perfect.