Dangerous Confession

I'm not a normal girl.

Anyone could pass me on the street and believe otherwise. Sadly, they're mistaken. From my bottle dyed hair down to the name on my license. I'm not Alison Andrews and this is my confession.

The six o'clock alarm comes too early. Late nights make it even harder. I roll over and find the other side of the bed empty. I breathe a small sigh of relief that doesn't last long. A loud clatter comes from the kitchen. I stealthily, albeit nakedly, make my way into the bathroom to get ready for work. Avoiding the mirror, I head straight to the shower, turning the temperature all the way up. I hop in and the scalding water burns my skin. The loofah is like a Brillo pad but I scrub myself from head to toe twice. Then I switch the water to freezing and wake myself up.

The towel is soft against my overly raw skin. I turn out of the bathroom and head over to the closet. I robotically start getting dressed. Shit! Frantically my eyes track every inch of the bedroom and come up empty. Where is my purse? Quickly throwing on my clothes I risk a look in the mirror. My face is sunken in and my tresses hang limply on my shoulders. The familiar glisten starts up in my bloodshot eyes. I hold in the unshed tears and do my best at covering up my unsightly appearance.

In the kitchen, the clanging continues. I locate my heels and my handbag. I take a deep breath dreading that inevitable step into the kitchen. I turn the corner and I'm met with the smell of crispy bacon and freshly brewed coffee. My mouth waters, momentarily making me forget where I am and why I'm here. I stamp those thoughts down and smile. "You know I can't stay for breakfast, right?"

Jackson stiffens at the stovetop. He turns and I can't help but appreciate the hard, sculpted, and oh so naked chest before me. His work outs have definitely paid off. He has a sprinkle of chest hair making him all man. But even a monster can have the body of Greek God. His smile doesn't quite reach his eyes. "I know you can't, but I hoped you would have the time this morning."

"I appreciate it." I cringe internally as I kiss him on the lips. I pull back when he brings his hand up to my face. "But I need to get into the office. I hope you didn't go to too much trouble."

He waves his hand at me and smiles. "No worries." The tightened coils in my belly slowly unravel. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this. So laid back and unlike him. Sure I've known him for all of two months but last night was the first time we got to know each other intimately. My nausea starts to build and I know I've got to get out of here. Eyeing a heaping pile of muffins, I gesture toward them. "I can't stick around but I would love a muffin and some coffee to go." His eyes light up as he gets busy putting everything together. My phone goes off in my purse. I ignore it, while hoping he didn't hear it. The man before me might be acting perfect and pleasant but one mistake could easily set him off. I'd rather not be around when that happens.

"Here's your breakfast. I hope you don't mind, but I threw together some stuff for your lunch as well." I glance down to the offending brown paper bag in his hand and grasp it away with a forced smile on my face.

"That was sweet of you. I appreciate it."

He leans in to give me another kiss but I turn myself away from him. "I really need to get going." Not taking no for an answer he wraps his hand around my arm and whips me back around. I close my eyes ignoring the pain radiating from his grasp. One slight movement and he could easily break it off. Not giving me a chance to argue, he slams his lips down to mine and groans into my mouth. The coils tighten back up and I know I'm going to be sick. His arousal is evident on my belly and I hold back the tears threating to fall.

I let out a small moan which appeases him and he pulls back slightly, albeit still grasping me tightly. "I hope you have a good day. I love you."

I should probably say it back, even if I don't feel it. But I can't force myself to fake it. Instead I untangle myself from him. "Thank you. I hope you have a good day too."