Chapter One: Somewhere In Europe

"Harder!" Mom said.  

"I'm pushing harder!" Dad responded.

"Well then....faster!" My mom shouted as my dad put my luggage in the back of the car.

"Save all that talk for tonight when were all alone." My dad said winking at my mom.

I pulled a disgusted face as I pretended to gag. We all got in dad's black car. We were driving to the airport. I was so excited I've been waiting for this day months ago! I was going to spend my summer in Malibu! Away from my parents, and adults. Sure I'll be staying at my aunt's but she doesn't count. Aunt Sophie is twenty five but she acted like a fifteen year old girl. Summer was all I was thinking about all year, and when my parents said I could spend my summer with aunt Sophie it was all I was focused on.

When we arrived at the airport and it was time for me to get on the plane ,my mom was almost crying. My parents were supposed to leave an hour ago!

"Call us when you get there! And at night before you go to sleep! And the next morning, I mean everyday." My mom cried.

"Yeah. Sure, bye now." I said. I turned around but my mom gripped my hand and pulled me back.

"You know what? I changed my mind. I miss you already." I looked at my dad with pleading eyes.

"You know what, I agree with your mom. I don't want you going away!" My dad agreed.

"But Dad! Tonight you and mom will be alone...you're gonna have the whole house to yourselves..." I said, almost throwing up. I was willing to do anything to get on that plane.

"Oh come on Amy, she's all grown up and mature enough! We can trust her!" My dad said almost too quickly. He probably hadn't gotten some for a long time.

"Go on Zoey, we don't want you to miss you're flight!" My dad said almost pushing me inside. I turned around to face my dad.

"I love you too, dad." I responded, smiling sarcastically. Then I turned around and followed the flight attendant to my seat. I was seated next to an old lady. The flight was only a couple of hours but I was getting annoyed by a kid that wouldn't stop kicking me.  

I kept telling myself 'It's okay.' and 'He's just a little kid.' But halfway through the flight I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around to face the demon of a child.

"Listen here you little shi-" I got cut off by someone clearing their throat.

I looked to the person next to the devil's child. His mother was glaring at me. I thought my eyes actually burned. His 'mother' had a beard and seventy tattoos.

"You have a beautiful child!" I said nervously. "You should be proud!"

His mother gave me a toothy grin. Well, I don't think I should call it a 'toothy grin' since all her front teeth were missing.

I smiled as I felt the bad airplane food I consumed slowly make it's way to my throat. I turned back around and looked straight at the chair in front of me as I felt the little kid kick me again.

I swear, I even heard his mom laughing evilly. I plugged in my earphones and listened to Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight runners, bobbing my head back and forth. At one point I thought that my chair broke, but then I pictured his mom. Suddenly, I didn't mind anymore.

Once the plane landed and I got off I planted a blank expression on my face ,so I wouldn't jump up and down and embarrass myself ,but once I got out I couldn't help but smile.

I felt the warmth of the sun surround me as I ran my fingers through my hair. I laughed and I was a hundred percent sure if anyone saw me they would've thought I was mad. But I was happy. I was finally, officially done with high school drama, ex boyfriends, fake friends, and exams.

I got in a cab- just like what my parents told me to do a hundred times- and gave the driver aunt Sophie's address.

When he got to aunt Sophie's beach house I looked out the window in awe. I paid the cab driver and got out.  

The cab drove away while I just stared at the scene in front of me. Their were tons of beach houses lined up next to each other with kids laughing and playing, girls tanning outside with their friends, boys playing basketball and surfing.

The sight just made my heart beat a bit faster. I could get used to this!

I made my way inside aunt Sophie's beach house. "Aunt Sophie!" I kept calling as I walked around, checking the place. Not bad.

When I made my way to the kitchen I saw a note on the fridge. Maybe aunt Sophie was at the beach and she left a note saying she'll be back in an hour or so. But that's not what the note said.

"If this is Austin, Dylan probably forgot to tell you! We're in Europe!"

My jaw almost dropped to the ground. Who's Dylan? And who the hell was Austin? Aunt Sophie was somewhere in Europe?!?! I was freaking out. I sat down and thought about it.

It wasn't an unexpected thing for aunt Sophie to do. Which is forgetting. But what was I supposed to do now? I didn't have much time to think when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Zoey why didn't you call us!" My mom screamed angrily. I felt the palms of my hand start to sweat.

"I'm sorry, I just got here." I said wiping my sweaty hands on the back of my short shorts.

Will she send me back if she finds out aunt Sophie is some where in Europe and not here?

Well Duh! I said to myself. I was not going to let that happen!

"Where's aunt Sophie? I need to speak to her." My mom replied. I got so nervous. I could tell her the truth... or I could stay in Malibu.

"Aunt Sophie is in the bathroom, she's taking a shower." I didn't lie. Aunt Sophie could be taking a shower some where in Europe. Maybe not in a bathroom, but she could be?

"Well I gotta go. The beach is waiting for me." I said and hung up.

I didn't care that aunt Sophie wasn't here I have the whole place to myself! I can do anything I want. The beach was right outside, and that was all I needed.

***********************************************

Hope you guys liked this chapter! I deleted my old story because it was too serious and I wanted to write something fun! Comment! Vote! and Fan! and a special thanks to @TheOtherBFH for supporting me =D and to @swimmergrl345 for making me this cover and Riley Wanger for editting this chapter.