Save me

Word count; 10834

A/n: I looked through my old drafts and saw that I had this one typed up a while go, and since it's already completed, I decided to just publish it to get it out of my way.

*

"Don't go near that place Jongin, it brings bad luck." - Mother

"Sweetie, that place is haunted." - Father

"They say those who go in won't come back out. Stay away from that place, alright Jongin? If you do, I'll buy you a lot of candy." - Noona.

Even with warnings flying from all directions, Jongin had a temptation to defy them. Go in. He thought. Go into that house and see for yourself if it's really haunted. Go in and see if you'll be stuck there. Go in. It was like something was pulling him in by his heart strings.

*

In Jongin's room, if he looked out the window on the far wall of his room, down the road and up the green hill, he would be able to see that house. The house was easy to spot. It was old, had outgrown weeds and trees. No one lived near it, resulting in empty yards surrounding the area. It carried an eerie aura around it, and ever since Jongin was a kid, he was told not to go there.

As he grew older, he'd start feeling like their warnings were useless. The feeling of wanting to go into that house had crawled up his skin to the point he was covered in little prickles. No matter what, those feelings wouldn't go away, and sometimes he would find himself just sitting by his window, staring at that place until he lost track of time and hours had flew by.

All his friends had been there, betted who'd be less scared, exchanged money, had fun and it all seemed to have turn out fine. It was nothing like his Noona said. No one disappeared, no one got hurt; everything was fine.

There were stories though. Stories from before Jongin was born. Stories of people actually disappearing upon stepping in that place. They were all mostly guys, though, which led to suspicion that the thing haunting that place was probably the prostitute who lost her life there years ago.

It was said that she'd went there to have a pleasant night with a wealthy man for a bundle of cash. Back then the place was still beautiful and spacious, decorated with accessories that blinged and expensive furniture to complement the well lit rooms, but after she was murdered for attempting to run away with the money without proper service, the government having never put the culprits in jail, the house became abandoned and was left to rot.

Back when Jongin was just a kid people were still disappearing, that was why his family members had warned him so much not to go near there, but lately, nothing's been happening to that place. It'd sit all day and night. No one really bothered going there anymore now that it was old fossilized news. People were starting to get more interested other things that actually punched a scare.

Even if it was like that, Jongin's family still warned him once in awhile. Perhaps they could feel it from him that he'll go there. Perhaps that's why they were still keeping a watch on him.

Jongin was a curious teenage boy, after all.

Every morning when he rode the bus to school, he would pass by the house. It was as eerie as ever. But deep inside, Jongin had a sense in him that there was beauty in the house as well. He couldn't understand it himself why he felt that way, it was just the strong feeling gnawing at his heart. He desperately wanted to find out what was so beautiful about an old run-down home.

At school, Jongin's circle of friends remain minimal. It had been like that ever since he entered high school. There was no point in having many friends when you really only need a few. He did somehow manage to get along fine with everyone, and although rumored to be a playboy, Jongin never received trouble from other guys.