THE FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL

Chapter 1

'THIS IS A SIGN THAT WE AS A SPECIES HAVE FAILED GOD HIMSELF! THROUGH TRUE EVIL, WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL THE DEAD SHALL WALK AMONG THE LIVING!' 

-Darren Austin-

If there is anyone left who cane still read this it's been three years now since the infection broke out, just three years and we may be the only people on earth still truly alive. The date December sixth two thousand fifteen.

My name is Mathew Jenkins but in an effort to save time everybody now calls me Mat. When the outbreak began to get out of control I started running my town was one of the first to be hit by what we thought was a terrorist attack. Me and my friend Jacob were the only survivors it took only two hours for things there to go from bad to pure hell. We only survived the first hour through pure luck and the military training we both received before the war with Japan began. We never saw actual combat after training camp we were sent home for rest when this began. Since then we have found three other survivors Atom, Terry, and Amy. 

It's been six months since any we've had any communication.

"Hey why don't you get some sleep I'll wake you if anything happens". Me and Amy have been up for first watch tonight. We've been in the Hotel eight in Mesquite, Nevada.

"You know the rules at least two people on watch at all times.'' Amy was stubborn that way

"Yes I know the rule I made that one if you remember." And I can be stubborn right back

"Welllllll I'm not tired."

"HAHA Fine since we're bothup what do you want to do." The minute I said that she looked mad at me. "God you're sick Haha I meeean what do you want to talk about.''

"Well it's been what two years and you never told me how you and Jacob got out of... where was it?"

"Greenfield, California." I didn't want to think about it but she asked.

"It was January first two thousand thirteen."

{FLASHBACK}

"This is Gary Coolman action news eight with breaking news... I really don't know how to say this... people in the hospital... evryone that has died in the last few hours... have not been staying dead. From the information that we have gathered so far the simptoms are cold shin, stiff walking, no pulse, and cloudy eyes. If you or any one you know has been bit by anything in the last few hours please quarentine.---We are getting news telling us you should close you'r windoes lock you'r doors and avoid all contact with infected individuals. If necesary the only way believed to kill them is to detach the head destroy the brain or seperate the spinal cord.''

At first me and Jacob just looked at each other and both started laughing. Then were inturupted by a lound scream and I grabbed the mounted shotgun above the fireplace while Jacob ran for the handgun and some ammo. Once he got back we loaded the Remington .515 pump actiom and he loaded up the .9 mm and pulled up the blinds. I saw the women that mde that scream and instantly recognized her as Kelly VanDerban from next door being tirn limb from limb by her husband Brian.

A second later there was a panicked knocking at the door and the familiar voice of my brother calling from the other side.

"MAT, MAT open up man I got Nicky, His wife, and Janice, His... daughter, Man there coming hurry.''

Jacob opened the door, they ran in and I saw a single... what we now call walkers, remembering the report I aimed the shotgun at its head and pulled the trigger. BAM the things head expoded and we slammed the door.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

So anyways what did you think please vote comment and give ideas