A New Life (Chap. 5) (a witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

"Hey, Kates, you up?"

"No, Daren," I groaned, "but I guess I am now."

"Sorry," he apologized. "It's not that important, you can go back to sleep-"

I sat up, "What's up, Daren?"

"Well, I am bored, and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at the park..."

"Sure, but who the hell gets up this early on a Saturday?" I whined.

He laughed. "It's ten in the morning, it's not like it's six."

I groaned. "Well that's early for me. Uh, pick me up at 11:30?"

"Sure, see you then, bye Kates."

"Bye." I hung up my cell then sat it back on my bed side table, then fell back on my bed. "Ugh, it's so early."

I got up, took a shower, and then headed downstairs to make breakfast. "Hey what cha makin'?" my aunt asked sleepily as she came in the kitchen.

"Pancakes, you want some?"

"Sure," she mumbled as she sat down at a stool. "How was your date last night?"

I blushed. "It wasn't a date last night," even that's what I wished it was, "Daren was just showing me around the city."

"Mhm," she said, doubtful, "Why would you want to see the city again, I had already taken all around town?"

""Cause... cause..."

"Because you like him." She smiled. "You just aren't sure he feels the same way?" she guessed.

"Aunt Lyn, how do you know, am I that transparent?"

"No, but believe it or not, I was a teenager once."

I gasped playfully, "Oh my god, like fifty years ago?"

"Oh shut up," she laughed, "and for your information, I'm only twenty-nine."

"Mhm." I sat down next to her when the pancakes were done.

"So what are we going to do today?" she mused.

"Well, I, um..."

She smirked. "You have plans with, let me guess, Daren?" I blushed. "He must like you then, if he takes you out a few hours after the last time he took you out."

"Were just friends."

"Mhm, not for much longer."