What is #FreeYourBody?

#FreeYourBody is a campaign to help promote the acceptance of all body and skin types, as well as physical conditions, disorders and illnesses that are not usually depicted in books.

This can range from acne, to vitiligo, to an amputee. It can bring about awareness from characters suffering from anorexia, to characters finding their way through life with larger body types. And to the struggles of people of colour. In a general way, it's any physical attribute that is not expressed enough in stories, but needs to be.

Anyone can become a part of this movement. If you support the diversity of different physical traits in literature then all you need to do is add the hashtag #FreeYourBody to your wattpad bio.

If you wish to do more then you can write. Unless a character in your book already falls under the FreeYourBody criteria, then you can write a new story (however long or short you want) that has a character following FreeYourBody. It does not have to be a main character but should still be there for more than a small mention. 

Add the tag to your book and place the sticker on your cover! The sticker can be found at the top of this profile's bio. You can create as many stories as you wish for this movement and already created stories that tie in are accepted as well.

But if you add the sticker, it MUST be for a story that has a character linked to the traits this movement is promoting. You can not add the sticker to your story if it does not have a FreeYourBody character.

Get creative and don't rush! This campaign has no end date so even if you start a year from now, you can!

Good luck and have fun. 

#FreeYourBody