The Time His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him

The band was doing well, yet we were struggling to find inspiration. Ryan was our main source for lyrics and ideas so it was all up to him. I had come up with a few lyrics and was eager to tell him my ideas when I saw him, crying on the floor of his room.

"Ryan?" I asked tentatively. This was the first time I had ever seen Ryan cry. He was one of the strongest people I knew, and it was a complete shock to see him so vulnerable and open. Ryan Ross--the boy who had always walled himself in and bid his emotions.

He looked up at me with red, puffy eyes and smeared eyeliner. "Go away," he sniffles, lacking much anger. I brought myself closer to him and sat next to his seemingly hollow shell of a body.

"W-what happened?" I asked after an uncomfortable silence of the two of us just sitting.

"She broke up with me. Said I didn't love her. She said I was gay, can you believe that?" he said to himself, letting out a bitter laughter on the word "gay".

I hesitated to say something because I didn't know Ryan had a girlfriend, or was straight. I faintly blushed and nodded. "Yeah, uh, that's crazy. You? Gay?" I knew I didn't sound believable, but hey, I was trying.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "Holy shit! You think I'm gay too, don't you?" I sheepishly nodded and scratched the back of my neck. Ryan buried his face in his hands and murmured. "Fuck...I am not gay."

I quirked an eyebrow and looked at him and he rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine, I'm bisexual. But still! Fuck, I'm so angry. She was a little shit, too. She fucking cheated on me. I bet she just pretended I was gay as an excuse to break up with me."

"Wow, what a whore," I replied. Ryan sure wasn't a fucking angel, but he still was respectable and didn't deserve to be cheated on.

He smiled a bit and repeated, "A whore." I looked at him with a puzzled look. "Hey Brendon, I think I've got a new song idea."