Chap 01 The Hit-Man

Hey guys! This is my new story, sorry for all the new stuff, I've just had so much inspiration!! I think you'll all like this one though. It uses the INK characters but in a different situation and story-verse, all the characters are basically the same and then there's the new characters that I think you guys will love. This one takes on more of a happy note as it goes on than Little Bird so I think you guys will like it...hopefully. Little Bird will be updated after a few more edits have been done :) Hope you guys enjoy!!!! :D pic on side is of Ashley. :3 Dedicated to the lovely girl who made my cover :)

“Always start with the one who can run the fastest. Kill the rest in succession of swiftness. Is that understood?”

“Yes, father.”

“Good lad.” His voice brings me back from my reverie as I set his whiskey on his desk, watching him turn back to Mr. Whitaker. “I understand that you would like to request the help of my family in ridding yourself of a…pest problem. Is that accurate?” Father asks, leaning back in his chair and resting his elbows on the armrests, his hands clasping together just in front of his face.

Mr. Whitaker audibly gulps as he glances between my father, my brother Leon and myself. His chubby cheeks are flushed and his forehead holds a thin sheen of nervous sweat. It’s disgusting, really.

“Yes, Mr. Adams, if-if it isn’t too much trouble, of course,” he says, pulling out a soiled handkerchief and wiping his forehead and neck with it. I can see my father bristle at this action. He glances heatedly at the disgusting kerchief and hesitantly gestures for Mr. Whitaker to continue. The portly American nods, gazing intently at the grain of my father’s oak desk. “I need three of my higher-ups, uh, taken care of. I was told that you were the best with these sort of…under the radar missions,” he explains.

“I wouldn’t exactly call it ‘under the radar’ if it’s just this sort of menial task,” Father retorts easily, leaning back and placing his feet atop the desk.

“They’re not exactly typical businessmen, Mr. Adams. They’re my most highly trained bodyguards,” Whitaker explains weakly, wringing his kerchief in his chubby fingers.

“And why, might I ask, are you attempting to destroy your own top defense, then?” Father inquires.

“They have a plan in place to assassinate me themselves this coming Monday. I’d like to eliminate the threat before that time,” Whitaker says, taking on slightly more power and strength in his stance and voice.

“And you chose my family? I’m honored,” Father feigns shock and appreciation before looking back to Whitaker’s beady eyes. “This, of course, means that you will be indebted to me until the time comes that I call on your services.” Whitaker stiffens, obviously not wanting to be in debt to a crime syndicate, although he has few other options if he wants to keep breathing. What my father could possibly want with a CFO of a major mining company is beyond me, but I’ve learned not to ask anymore.

“Of course, Mr. Adams,” he says, regardless of his hesitation. Father grins sinisterly and gulps down his whiskey.

“Perfect.” Father glances to Leon who scoffs and shakes his head, crossing his arms and glancing at me. Father looks over at me and grins. “I’ll send my youngest son to finish the job. Ashley, kill the three assassins and be sure to finish your school work once you get home; you know how much I dislike parent-teacher-conferences,” Father orders offhandedly. I give a terse nod before striding out the door and slamming it behind me.

“I’m in college, Dad, there aren’t parent-teacher conferences anymore,” I grumble to myself as I make my way out of the house.

My father and I have a beautiful relationship. We both hate each other.