The Trouble with Demons

It was a dark and stormy night. Sam and Dean were driving down highway 93 on their way to check on Kevin at one of Bobby's cabins in the mountains. Lightning surrounded them as they drove up the winding road. They crested the hills onto a mesa, when the Impala was struck by lightning.

Their car rolled to a stop next to an out cropping of pine trees. Dean tried turning the car back on, but to no avail. They'd need to call a mechanic once the storm passed. With their moods turned sour due to the inconvenience of the Impala getting struck by lightning and breaking down, the brothers exited the car. A building was set back in the trees. It looked like a General Store from an old western movie. They walked to the entrance of the store and found the door wide open. The building was dark. Dean knocked. There was no answer. They entered the building and switched on the lights, but they didn't work. The boys saw a green light coming from one of the aisles and walked towards it.

Dean bent down to pick up the light. It was one of those glow sticks you see little kids playing with. He touched the floor and noticed it was wet. He crawled on his knees and found bloody footprints. They were not human footprints. They looked more like paw prints to Dean.

Probably just a dog, he thought. Dean got up and went to go look for Sam, He found him checking out behind the cashier's stand.

"Hey, Sammy," Dean said, approaching his brother. "Find anything?"

"Uh, yeah," Sam said, looking at Dean with a concerned look. Dean knew that look; that look meant something was wrong.

"What? What is it?" Dean asked, his defenses going up.

"Sulfur," Sam sighed, standing up from where he was crouching behind the register. Dean sighed running a hand over his face. He felt the growing stubble on his chin, and made a mental note to shave once they reached Bobby's cabin.

"Great. That's just what we need," Dean said. The brother's stood in silence for a few moments, but it was broken by the sound of laughter coming from behind them. Grabbing their guns and getting into stance, they turned around and came face-to-face with a short red-headed girl and blond haired man with a pissed off resting face.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean asked, taking a step back. The redhead stopped laughing, but kept a smug smirk on her face.

"I'm Amanda," she said in a southern drawl. "And this is Bradley." she pointed to her friend.

"And you boys," the man said with a smirk, "are the Winchesters."

"So? What's it to you?" Sam said, crooking an eyebrow.

"What's it to us?" Amanda asked with a dry and humorless laugh. "It's 'to us' because we're here on behalf of the King of Hell, since he's been so busy searching for the demon tablet, which you two stole!"

"We're here to get the location of the demon tablet, and then to kill you," Bradley said seriously.

"Good luck with that, pretty boy," Dean scoffed. Bradley shook his head and began stepping towards the brothers. He gave Dean his deadliest stare.

"You're walking a fine line here, Winchester. I'd watch your mouth if I were you."

Dean laughed dryly, shaking his head at the demon. They all knew that they didn't stand a chance against the Winchesters.

"Cute," Dean said. "That's some pretty big talk for a small guy like you."

"You don't know what we're capable of," Bradley said, growing angrier with Dean. "We can and will destroy you two."

"Calm down, Bradley," Amanda said, putting a hand on Bradley's shoulder. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to get the location of the demon tablet, first." Bradley sighed, throwing his head back in frustration.