Chapter 1- Moving in

Ryan's POV

"Ryan come help me carry these boxes, there's no way I can do it on my own!"
My mum calls from behind me. I sigh and turn back around from gazing up at the huge house that stands before me.

As I walk back up the path I can't help but to notice that this neighbourhood is  quite nice to be honest. Back in England when mum told me we were moving to get away from my crazy dad, It didn't even cross my mind we'd be moving half way across the world to America.

I guess some parts of moving are fun; like the plane journey, driving to your new house where you'd spend the next chapter of your life and just the general feel of starting fresh where no one knows you.
The hard part is, starting fresh can also be tough. School will be horrific as my anxiety feels the need to kick in everytime I meet new people. As I said, no one will know me.
How will they react when they find out about me? I've read on the internet American high schools are tough especially when it comes to homophobia and trust me when I say this, I can't go through more beatings every week (perhaps every day if I'm 'extra lucky'). I feel my heart start to beat faster as it thumps heavily in my chest.

"Ryan are you okay" My mum asks as she hands me another box. She must have sensed my panic. My mother was always good at detecting emotions in people, even when they try so hard to hide it.
"Yeah...fine, just excited to move in properly" I say with a slight smile on the end which I'm sure wasn't very convincing, especially if it's mum.
She gives me a sympathetic look.
"Okay hun, if you say so. You can take your box of bedroom things and take it to your room if you'd like? I'l be generous and give you some time off" She says with a wink  and goes to collect a few more boxes out the back of our moving van.

Picking up my box, I walk through the main room which is connected to the kitchen and hurry up the stairs.
Today has been a long day. I think, collapsing onto my creaky single bed and reaching for my headphones. I put them in and the world and all its problems, school worries, bullies, it all just desolves around me as Billie Joe Armstong's wonderful voice fills my ears. After about 15 minutes I inevitably fall asleep.

(A/N hi! This was a very short, introductory type chapter so don't worry, it will get better.)