Prologue

Prologue

You ever heard of love before?

Have you ever heard love before?

Its as quiet as the wind blowing through your hair,

Its as loud as a scream that takes the last breath from your lungs.

I am love.

I am so quiet.

I am so loud.

I hurt so much,

but I feel so damn good.

I am here.

---------------------

"Nigga I will fuckin kill you. You understand me? I will chop yo fuckin head off, and drop that shit off the side of Brooklyn bridge." Hassan said staring deeply into the boys eyes. The boy did not know whether to be more afraid of the man in front of him, or the pistol.

"Hassan- I mean Ace, B Im sorry." the boy said sweating bullets. "I didn't mean it."

"Nah, repeat that shit you said, so when I kill you, they know why." A smile appeared on Hassans face, but only a fool would think that he was happy.

"I-I-I said that maybe when Jet is done with her" as soon he started speaking the room fell even more silent, as the members of the Jamaican mafia all held their breath in shock that he was actually about to say it again. "maybe I can-" and before he even finished the sentence a single gunshot rang out through the air, and the boy laid on the floor breathless, lifeless.

"Y'all got five seconds to get this nigga out of my face, or nobody else is walkin outta here alive." the members ran, fumbling past one another to remove the dead body as instructed, none of them making eye contact with Ace as they flooded out of the building.

Once he was alone in the room he made a phone call that he knew he would regret. The phone rang four times before the call was finally answered. "I need to see her, I'll be there soon." was all that was said before he hung up the phone. He exited the building checking his surroundings before he got into his beamer, and disappeared into the night.

-------------------------------

"She's sleep B." was all Jamero said as he opened the door "in the room, don't wake her up aight?" Hassan said nothing in return as he walked in the direction of the room that she laid her head in.

He walked into the dimly lit room, and in the bed was figure outlined in silk sheets that belonged to a girl he once had the pleasure of calling his own. Hassan sat on the edge of the bed and Meela tossed and turned until the covers came off revealing her sleeping face; the only face of her Hassan has had the pleasure of seeing since everything went down.

He caressed the side of her face, and watched as a
subtle smile fell upon her lips. "I know you remember me baby." he played with one of her curls "I know you do, you have too." Hassan stood up and paced back and forth in front of the large windows before he sat back down next to her.

"First of all baby girl, I'd like to apologize for the lies. For not being there, and for being unaware." a single tear fell from his eye before he wiped it away. "And I'm sorry for not seeing that you weren't as strong as you said you were...for not seeing that even though you said you didn't need me, you did." He kissed the side of her face "I'm gonna fix this." and then he was gone.

-------------

Sneak Peak

Meela's Perspective

"Come out, come out wherever you are." a dark laugh followed those words. "Baby I just want to play with you." the laugh echoed through the whole place.

Meela's fingers clenched over the trigger as she tried to slow down the pace of her heart beat.

"Little girl, I know you're here. I know everything about you. How about this huh, I'll give you a little gift before I kill you." he laughed again, this time more genuine "You come out here, and I'll uh, jog that memory for you."

-------------

What does commotion mean to you?

-------------

Cover art designed my @LiteralFantasy ❤️ .