Rejects

You are either classified as a Reject or Evolved. You have a gift or you have nothing. Humans went extinct so long ago it isn't even recorded in the history books anymore. We started off as Evolved, every being that was born obtained a gift early in their lives. Sometimes these gifts are extraordinary such as ability over an element, and sometimes they are more suited to everyday tasks such as the ability to speak and understand all languages. Each gift has its place in society and they are treasured above all.

      Then one day a pair of identical twins were born. Their anatomy, unseen to the eye, was different than the Evolved, more humanlike. As they grew they discovered they had no gift. There is something in their DNA that doesn't allow them to obtain a gift. They were given the name of Rejects and each one of their descendants was passed on with this classification, and lack of gift.

      Although we live in peace both Evolved and Rejects, they blame us. They blame all identical twins, and we are looked down upon for something that we could not prevent. My sister and I are Rejects, born from Evolved parents, but when I saved my sister from a near death experience a gift inside me was triggered. Society would call it a miracle, but we know what it could really mean.

Death. Experimentation. Chaos.

      Our only option is to run and try to find a safe haven, because if we are discovered it will be our end.