Hoststuck (1/?)

"Over here!" you yell loudly, "You want me, come get me!" The yell hurts your throat because you have been trying to stay quiet and stealthy. Your feet are quipped in the stealth mode and you try to make as much noise tromping around as you can.

You whip your head back to see if people are following.

Yes.

Good. You brush some of the white hair that has fallen in your eyes away, then turn to face forward, you almost run into a window. Shit. You've cornered yourself.

"Okay, we don't want to do this by force, just come. Please." It was one of those godforsaken aliens. You refuse to let yourself get taken. A male steps forward, the blue ring prominent in his brown eyes. Tears atart to fall from your eyes as you realzie what you have to do.

You turn and hurdle yourself into the window that you had avoided moments before. Glass breaks and cuts your skin, but you feel numb. The ground is growing ever closer, but the only thing you can think about is your little brother... Oh god. You are leaving him alone. You try to yell that you're sorry, just in case he could hear you "I'm so-" your back hits the ground. Everything is black.

---------------------------------------------------------------  

Awake.

Wake up, a new world! You’re at a new world!

A young boy lies on a hospital bed, his healer looking over him and making sure his vital signs are correct. He needs to live. This one is... Odd.

A seeker peers over him, making sure he will be well enough to serve and work for her when he does wake. She is... Arrogant, cocky, docile, conceited. The best name for her would be The Condescension.

The young man opens his eyes, he looks over to his healer, “Hello, I assume you’re the one to take care of me?” this new alien world is very interesting, all 5 senses, the healer smiles, “Hello, yes. Welcome,” He picks a clipboard off of the stand next to him, “What will your name be?” the boy ponders for a minute. Choosing a name isn’t very important, but still fun, “Call me… Karkata.” He says. The healer smiles, “Nice to meet you, Karkata.”

Karkata smiles back at the healer and for a moment they share a pleasent look. The healer looks like he was an adventurer when he was a human. He's tanned, has a moustache. Other than that he looks like everyone should, all white clothes.

    He has a short interview with the seeker who was sitting by his bed; she tells him that the human is still occupying his body with him. The human is still alive. Karkata just took his body from him… She says it should be no trouble, that the human can’t do anything to him. Maybe just talk to him sometimes. She says it might be nice. Judging by the look on her face, it probably won’t be.

Karkata is escorted to his room in the hospital, this room is until he is used to the new world and can go on his own. The first thing he spots is a bed. Coming to a new world and possessing a new body is hard work. He changed into lounge clothes and sits on his bed. He sees himself in a mirror and goes to see what the body looks like.

White.

His hair is white. His eyes are orange.

He touches his hair, this can’t be normal. Only older humans have white hair, “How old am I?” he asks himself. He looks at the way the blue ring left in the eyes by him makes the human’s orange eyes look. Very strange.

“Not you, It’s not you! This is me!” There is a sudden voice in his head.

He jumps and looks around seeing no one, “In here, you idiot. The human stuck in your head.” This human doesn’t seem very peaceful. Karkata looks in the mirror again, “How old am I now?” he asks. “It’s me, like I said before. And I am 17.” Not even a full adult.

Karkata sits back on a chair. The Seeker said to prod for memories when the human started talking. So far he doesn’t have much.

Name: Dirk Strider, Age: 17, Grew up in Texas. He has a little brother named Dave. He was going somewhere with a small group. The group was him, his brother and…. And… Dirk is putting up buriers. Karkata pushes further, and image of another boy, the same age as Dirk passes through his mind, “Jake English,” escapes his lips.