And We Run- Description

"You think I'm scared of you." 

He looked at me while taking off his hood and letting his hazel-colored hair show.

 "What if I told you something crazy?" I asked, wondering if things would have gone differently and we wouldn't be in this situation. But they have. And we are. 

His head shot up from the ground as his eyes were burning deep, deep holes in my chest, eyes, body.

He was silent. We were two feet away from each other, and the only thing keeping him from killing me, figuratively or literally, was the tiny piece of paper I was holding in my hand. And even though we were not alone, it felt as if we were.

Sounds cliche, right? Story of my life.

"And what is that?" he questioned me. Again.

"I'm not." he looked hesitant for a moment, after those two simple words left my moutch- as if I crushed a small part of his ego. If he could humiliate me more than he already has, just by having me come here, was a start.

He paced around a little, fixing his hair. "You're not what?"

I scoffed. "Am I that obvious?" I waited for half a minute, a minute. He still couldn't realize what I could possibly be talking about, "I'm not scared of you." 

He came closer, only one foot away from me. His breath hitched my throat, he was closer than I thought he was.

"Are you sure?"

6 inches.

It took me all I had to answer back, "yes." And I ran.

***

Emma Matthews is a relatively quiet girl, but she is known for her beauty and intelligence. More than any girl will ever have at Woodstock High. The day a boy does not crush on her will be the day Dave Franco or Christopher Wood stop being so attractive - which, if I may add, is never. She calls herself an outcast -though she isn't one. At all- and lives with her Aunt Allison and her cousin, Archer. But what do you think will happen when one night, when Emma is on her way back home from her very best friend, Lexi Brandon's house, and bumps into Zach West: The dangerous, yet very attractive loner, then finds out the next day that she's paired with him for an English project?

Let me tell you, it ain't pretty. Well, at least not as pretty as Adriana Lima.

-----

hey guys! this is my first time writing a book, so let me tell you a few things about myself, the author.

I am 15 years old and live in the USA.

My music taste varies from pop hits to really any barely knows artists.

Basically all I do every day is watch Netflix and communicate with people over my phone, which I'm hoping to change.