Chapter 1: Pain and Loss

I would like everyone to know this is my first fanfic I'm sharing with people so don't be hard on me. I would love some feed back. Thanks.
Lots of love xoxoxo,

Immortal_gurl56

It was just me and my girlfriend, Angel. We were walking downtown in Los Angeles. Our arms were wrapped around each other. We were heading to my parents house for the annual family dinner. Angel was pretty much part of our family, so she was welcome. As we were walking, some guy walked past and bumped into Angel, almost making her fall over.

"Hey! Watch it buddy!" I shouted. He turned his head towards, but kept walking.

"It's fine, Nate. I'll be OK." Angel said, smiling lovingly. I smiled back.

I was going to wait until the dinner to ask her, but I couldn't wait any longer.

"Angel, do you remember how we met?" I asked.

"Of course I do. How could I forget?" she said. "It was ninth grade. First day. We weren't paying attention and bumped into each other. You were so scared."

"Of course I was. I'd never seen a more beautiful person in my life." I said. She blushed. "How long have we been dating now?"

"We've been dating for six whole years." She said.

"Listen, Angel, there's something I want to tell you." I said, looking down at my feet.

I looked up when she didn't respond with a witty remark like always. She was just standing there, blank faced.

"Angel, are you OK?" I said. She didn't respond. "ANGEL!" I said again, shaking her slightly. She finally came back to life sorta.
"NATE! GET DOWN!" she said.

I fell on my shoulder on the hard concrete. It hurt, but I wasn't worrying about that. What was going on? Then, *BANG* A single gunshot.

All of a sudden, Angel fell on the ground next to me.

"A-angel?" I said. Again no response. "ANGEL!" I said. I got up on my elbow and gasped.

Her eyes were blank and lifeless. But what really punched me in the gut, was a big red blotch, spreading across her chest.

There were people trying to pull me away from her. I pulled out my pocket knife and started swinging wildly. I stopped when I realized they were cops, and one of them was talking to me.

"Sir, put the knife away. We don't want to hurt you."

I wasn't listening. I saw a man putting an old style revolver back into a holster.

I pushed past the policeman and rushed after the man. He turned and saw me running after him. His eyes widened and he ran.

I chased him into an empty alleyway. He pulled out the revolver a pointed it at me.

"Don't come any closer." He said.

"Why did you shoot at me and my girlfriend?" I said, walking towards him.

He shot at me three times. They all hit me square in the shoulder. But I kept walking.

He used the rest of the bullets and shot me in the left side of the chest. I kept walking. I had so much adrenaline rushing inside my veins, I could keep walking.

I finally reached him and knocked the revolver out of his hand and held the pocketknife to his throat.

"Why'd you shoot at me? You were aiming at me, right?" I said, anger pulsing through me.

"P-please don't hurt me." He said shaking.

"Why shouldn't I?" I said. I no longer had any adrenaline pulsing through me. I was starting to burn.

My vision went hazy, I fell to the ground a second time, and blacked out.