Chapter One

Hey guys, I'm just going to be keeping this short and sweet- I am teaming up with frankparrish562 with this wonderful story. This was all their idea so please show some love by following them. Love you all!

________________________

Waking up in a cold sweat, I thought it was just a nightmare, but it wasn't. Zombies were pounding at the doors of our old house. The shrill shriek of little kids bounced and echoed off the walls for days. This couldn't be reality.

My dad had gotten up and woke up up my little brother, telling us both that we had to go to his bedroom, for if he didn't survive we had to protect our mom. Putting on his second favorite flannel, gloves, hunting boots, and grabbing a shotgun, he walked out to only be greeted by a group of hungry, brain-eating zombies. Shooting as many as he could for a distraction, my mom took my dad's favorite flannel (knowing he wasn't going to make it) and gave it to Tyler as a remembrance.

"I love you both very much, be brave and stay strong," she told us both, trying her hardest to not choke on her tears but failing miserably. She got on her knees and gave us a big hug and a kiss on each cheek. "Now run. Run as fast as you can to the big farm house. There is extra food and it is secluded from everyone else. Don't stop for anyone, not even your closest friends. Just stop for each other."

Her emerald green eyes stared at us with strictness, sadness, and love. "Go, before it's too late." She passed me her shotgun and a glock 17 with extra bullets.

That's when I knew my parents would be happy again. And that's when I knew,

It was war.

-BMN112