Chapter 1

Hannah's P.O.V

Another ordinary day and another day of college, well it seemed like that this morning, my roommate Chrissie woke me up that morning, like she always does.

“Come on Hannah, get up, we’re going to visit London today.”

Oh my God, I’d totally forgotten about that, we were going to London for a couple of weeks, to see all the artistic sites around there, such as the London eye, big Ben, and of course all the art galleries.

“We’re going to London today? I completely forgot.”

I jumped out of bed and dashed into the bathroom to have a quick wash and brush my teeth, when I came out of the bathroom Chrissie was already stuffing her things into her bag above her bed and on her bedside table she had a number of objects from Australia, that was where Chrissie is originally from, her and her parents moved over here 2 years ago, I wasn’t surprised that she was at this college, it’s a pretty good one, and gets a number of students from all over the country.

I grabbed what I could and stuffed them into my bag, the coach was already outside and people were already lining up to get onto the coach.

“Come on, we’re going to miss it.” I beckoned to Chrissie.

“I can’t find my camera.”

“You can use mine.”

“Oh cheers Hannah mate, I owe you one.”

“It can wait.”

We were just in time, the last person was getting onto the coach by the time we arrived.

“Sorry we’re late.” Said Chrissie. “We over slept.”

“It’s alright girls, you’re here now.” Said Miranda, our lecturer, it’s weird having to call the teachers and lecturers by their first names, not like when I was at school.

We found a couple of seats, and settled down, I looked around the coach for a minute, Jonathan Brown was looking at me, I smiled not wanting to be rude and looked away again, I think that he may have a slight crush on me, but I don’t think that he’s really my type. I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled my MP3 player, I thought that I might as well listen to some music to pass the time by, I went onto the music folder and chose Mitchel Musso, I’ve had a crush on him for a long time, when I closed my eyes, it felt like he was here with me, it’s been my dream to meet him face to face, but he’s all the way in America so the chances of that coming true are pretty slim, soon I was starting to feel a bit tired so I turned my music off and closed my eyes, when I woke we were in London.

*******

When I opened my eyes it was like I was another planet, grey buildings all around me, cars, taxis and buses passing me by every single mini-second, I looked out of my window and was confronted with our hotel, it was a tall fancy looking building, looking all out of proportion with the rest of the city, there were decorations on the outside and on the stone bricks, the stone a slight dark creamy colour, it was one of the biggest buildings that I was probably going to be staying in.

The inside was just as fancy as the outside, as we walked into the hallway, the first thing that I noticed was a great big chandelier hanging on the ceiling, and paintings on every wall, forget the art galleries, this a gallery itself, we should just stay here and observe the paintings around the hotel, I looked through the door to my right, there was a large sitting area, and a large mahogany table by an open fire, that could be a good place for me to do my coursework and research and just studying in general, I was told where my room was and was given the keys to the room, I was in room 695, Chrissie was just a couple down from me in room 697, we got our things in the lift and went to the 2nd floor which was where our rooms were, I was rather surprised that we were only on the second floor, but bare in mind it is a rather large hotel, so there’s bound to be a few rooms on each floor.

When I entered my room the first thing that caught my eye was the actual size of my room, the walls were a light shade of yellow, with orange tartan curtains on the windows, the wardrobe, dresser, bedside table and desk were all made out of mahogany, I looked in the bathroom, it was rather small, but it was big enough, the walls were half dark blue tiles and light blue paint, the porcelain toilet, sink and shower were almost glowing from the shine of the ceiling light, I was suddenly interrupted from my daydream by a voice to my right, it was Jonathan, he was in the room opposite mine.

“Pretty fancy eh?” he said

“Yeah, I guess so.” I replied, startled.

“I’ve been here before.”

“The hotel or London?”

“Both.”

“Oh, how was it?”

“It was pretty good, this isn’t a six star hotel for nothing.”

No one said that this was a six star hotel, I’ve never been to a six star hotel before, I was about to say so but Jonathan had already gone into his room, to get my privacy, I closed the door, I was alone, what can I do, well I can unpack for starters, I looked at the clock, it was already nearly lunchtime and me and Chrissie were going out for lunch along with Samantha and Emma, after unpacking I got on with some of my research, when I looked back at the clock a while later it had been 1 hour and was now half-past twelve, I turned my laptop off and quickly slipped on my shoes and coat, when I locked my hotel room door, Chrissie was just walking out of her room.

“Hiya.” I said.

“Hey, I was just coming to see if you were ready.”

Lunch went by in a flash, we went to a café not that far from the hotel, I had a vegetarian wrap and mineral water while Chrissie had a bacon sandwich and a cappuccino along with Samantha and Emma who both had grilled cheese sandwiches.

“So what shall we do later?” Emma asked.

“Well it’s going to be getting quite late after we’ve had lunch, so we probably shouldn’t go far.” I replied.

“Mum and dad brought you up well eh?”

“No I’m just sensible.”

“There’s an Art gallery not that far from here, we should probably go there, we can get in for free.” Chrissie suggested.

“Yeah okay, that sounds good.”

After lunch we dashed to the Art gallery, we were walking around for what seemed to be 3 hours, but it was only 2, as we were walking around, I was jotting down my thoughts in my notebook, I was observing a rather modern painting when Emma walked up behind me.

“Do you like that kind of art?” She asked.

“Yeah.”

“What do you like about it.”

“Well, I like the simplicity and how the artist is sort of expressing a certain emotion, also the fact that the colours subtly blend into each other.”

“Oh, alright whatever you say.”

It was a really great visit there but it was also good to finally get back to the hotel, when we walked through the front doors there was someone checking in, this person was wearing a red vest top, grey jeans and brown and black trainers, for some reason I had to look over at him twice as he seemed kind of familiar.

“You coming Hannah?” Chrissie asked.

“Yeah, I just thought that I recognised someone.” I replied following Chrissie up the stairs.

My room was still exactly the same as it was when we left, I threw my handbag down onto my bed before reaching under my bed for my port-folio, art book, pencils, pens, notebook and sketchbook an artists work is never done, when I left my room Chrissie was still in her room, I went over to see if she was going to join me downstairs, but she had already set everything up on her bed.

“Aren’t you going to do that downstairs?” I asked.

“Nah, I’ll be alright up here.”

“Okay, please yourself.”