You're invited

Here's something new for y'all. It kinda just appeared into my mind. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I know, I know, stop bragging.

ソニック

The mixed colours of red-orange flames spread through the building like a, well, a wild fire. Parts of the roof were dropping to the ground, adding to the piles of flaming rubble.

Thick, black smoke had been soaring into rooms looking for a way out.

But the smoke wasn't the only thing looking for a way out. Make that three things. More specifically, three someone's.

Those three someone's were hastily running through hallways, avoiding the hot, skin melting fire.

Sonic was desperately searching for a way out. Tails was by his side, helping. This building was huge!

In the hedgehog's arms was a child. Slightly older than seven, Sonic figured. The blue furred hero cradled him, doing his best to keep him safe from the surrounding harm.

"Sonic! I don't see a way out anywhere!" Tails yelled frantically. His eyes were wide.

"We have to keep going! There must be an exit somewhere!" said hedgehog shouted his reply.

Some rooms did indeed have windows, but they were on the top floor of the building. And it was pretty high up. Sonic couldn't risk the safety of the child he was carrying. That, and the windows they found were at the back of the building.

Tails would be able to fly out, but didn't for two reasons. One, his right tail was injured, depriving him of flight. And two, Tails would never abandon Sonic. No matter what the situation was.

Sonic would've almost taken the risk the jump out of a window with the kid and Tails, but his ankle was busted. He probably wouldn't have cared otherwise, but again. Risking safety of the two others with him.

"Let's keep going! We need to find the stairs or a window in the front! There will be help at the bottom!" Sonic was referring to the fire fighters, obviously.

"S-sonic....I'm scared,"

Sonic stared into his little buddy's fearful blue orbs. At that moment, he feared even more, if possible, for the younger lives with him.

'I need to get them out of here. Now!'

"We'll get out of this. Alive. We always do. We've been in tougher situations before, right?" Sonic encounter best he could. But he wasn't lying. They will live.

"Yeah, but-"

"Tails. You can count on me." Sonic paused, staring deeper into Tails' eyes. It was as if they forgot there was a fire at all. "Do you trust me?"

Sonic didn't really have to ask. He knew Tails trusted him more than anyone. But he had to get his point across and through to him.

"Of course I trust you."

"Good."

ソニック