Prologue

"Run Daniel."

I hate the infected.

"I'm right behind you."

"Shit, they're in front of us. This way."

As I crawled under the wreckage of what remained of a celling light a runner grabbed my leg.

"Get the fuck off me."

I kicked its skull in and kept running.

We were in a warehouse the with the only way out being a window near the roof.

"Come on, up here," Lachlan yelled as he started climbing scaffolding that filled the room, "Hurry!"

I started climbing after him with the fungus covered infected below clawing at my feet. We climbed the scaffolds to the window to see the concrete around ten metres below us.

"That's a long drop," I stated.

"No shit Sherlock," He replied, "Now how the fuck do we get down there?"

"There," I pointed at an open dumpster full of trash bags, "we jump."

"I guess there is no other choice."

We jumped into the pile of twenty year old trash that thankfully weren't full of sharps he climbed out as footsteps came running down the alleyway. They were too organised to be infected. And Pittsburgh is filled with hostile survivors who shoot anyone on sight.

Anyone.

"Stay there," he said as he closed the dumpster's lid plunging my world into darkness.

The footsteps came to a stop as a pistol shot sounded followed shortly by a thud.

"He's over here!" Some one of the hunters yelled followed by gunshots.

"Come at me you mother fuckers!" He shouted back.

He managed to hold on for what seemed an eternity as he was over whelmed by them. But he was only one man.

And one man can't fight forever.

"Get off you piece of shit."

"I'm going to make this very painful boy," a menacing voice said followed by a gunshot and Lachlan's cry of pain.

"Go to hell."

The hunter fired the gun twice. Followed by another cry of pain.

"I want the last thing for you to see to be my face."

One final shot fired and something fell to the ground.