My Routine

I wake up to find food at the rectangular grey table as always. I guess today is Thursday, because todays breakfast is waffles with blueberries on the side. Of course, I'm given a tall glass of nice cold milk.

After finishing my breakfast two people dressed in all white collect my dishes, I like to call them Mom and Dad as they are the closets I have to parents. They never say anything to me except that I have 15 minutes until class.

Like always I brush my teeth, take a shower and brush my hair. I also dress in my white shirt and black skinny jeans. The day goes on two subjects, chicken soup for lunch and finally two subjects before dinner. I do many sports, but all on a weekend with my coach. One weekend would be soccer, the next basketball, then volleyball and so on. It is just like any other highshool schedule I'm told. Of course I wouldn't know, I've been trapped between theese walls my whole life. Well, I'm only fifteen so it may not seem like much, but being here for as long as I have you would be thinking the exact same thing. But this is my place, this is my home. It is the only place I've ever called home, yet it is the only place I've ever been.

I'm not really isolated other than the fact I have no friends. I have learned how to read, write, critically think and more. All the things you have been learning about I know, I'm getting really good marks in all my subjects. I haven't skipped a year but everything I learn is one on one from my only teacher Ms. Camden. I find she is especially enthusiastic about science, although we don't have conversations like you would. She teaches, I learn it is as simple as that.

I only talk when asked upon, but the only thing someone would ask me is questions to an answer in class or if I've finnished my homework. My homework conists of at least two questions in all subjects that I'm currently partaking in. Although, I'm told to keep a journal that I am to update every night. In it I write my feelings for the day, what I thought about and analze how productive I was during my daily activities. After, writting in my journal I go to sleep and I always feel as if someone takes the journal and do things like check my pulse. I dont let them know, that I'm awake or aware of what they do, because I do what they want and do as I'm told. That is what I've been doing they whole time I've been here. I find myself noticing more things and thinking more instead of doing what I'm told, I feel ashamed of that bad habit.

This is how I spent all of my life so far, I'm living in a routine. It is just my 'parents', my teacher, my coach and I. Plus there are these four walls that keep me wondering of the unknown, that keep me in and keep others out.

Hi! I'm Simran and I hope that you enjoyed it so far. You can look forward to much more as I have many things planned for this story!