Prologue

She woke up with a start and shot up into a sitting position. She was panting heavily and gasping. A hand shot out on front of her face holding a bloodbag. She snatched it from the bony feminine hand. She ripped the cap off and drank the blood greedily. Suddenly she felt a pain shoot through her. She dropped the nearly empty bag of blood and cried out in pain. Her eyes changed to red and black veins appeared under her eyes and fangs grew. Just as fast as everything appeared, it all disappeared. She looked down where she was sitting and noticed she was still sitting in her coffin. She slowly lifted her legs and put them over the side of the coffin wall and carefully pushed herself, sliding out of the coffin.

"How do you feel, Elena?" the witch beside her asked.

"I'm.....ok...I think." Elena peered at the witch. "Who's my sire this time?" she asked.

"You are."

"What do you mean, 'I am', Melinda?" she asked the elderly witch incredulously.

"After taking the cure you reject vampire blood," Elena nodded. "So I made you an Original." Elena's eyes widened.

She was an Original now. She couldn't die now. She was now truly immortal. She was still processing this.

"Here, Miss. Gilbert." Melinda handed her a black spaghetti strap top, shorts, and shoes to change into.

"Come, Miss. Gilbert." Elena looked back at Melinda after changing her clothes. She was standing at the front door of the house they were in. "We must go now if we want to get the ashes. The Mikaelsons shouldn't be home right now."

"Wait. Are we..." Elena trailed off walking towards the witch who smiled. Melinda opened the door and Elena stepped out.

"Yes. Welcome to New Orleans, Elena."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Elijah was in a room with Klaus, who was searching the place frantically, while he read a book.

"They're gone." Klaus whispered to himself.

They're gone. They're gone. They're gone. They're gone. He repeated in his head.

"They're gone!" Klaus roared.

"What is it Niklaus? What is gone?" Elijah looked up at Klaus from his book, amused. The corners of his lips slightly turned up.

"Kol's ashes." Klaus growled. Any amusement was washed away from Elijah's face and his jaw clenched. Elijah shut the book and set it aside.

"Someone must have taken them. Or you've misplaced them." he said standing from his seat.

"Davina." Klaus growled and started towards the door.

"Niklaus, where are you going?" Elijah called after him. Klaus turned to his elder brother.

"To get our baby brother's ashes from that bratty little witch." he answered angrily.

"Maybe Freya took them because she found a way to bring him back. Or Marcellus or Hayley took them by mistake." Elijah suggested calmly.

"Fine. I'll call them first." Elijah nodded.

"I'll call Hayley."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I should go get my coven settled in while you're busy with him." Melinda said after she poured the ashes. Elena nodded and watched the elder witch leave. Elena watched the strange liquid like substance harden. She thought about the last full conversation she had with Kol.

"Pity about your brother." he said looking sympathetic. "I guess it's just me against you now." Kol gave a small evil grin.

Elena's face scrunched up as she glared and she started at Kol and he started towards her. Elena went to hit Kol with her right hand but he grabbed it with his left and wrapped his right arm around her waist pulling her flush against his body. She struggled to get out of his hold but had no luck. Kol chuckled at her attempts to get away.

"As awful as you find me and as much as you hate me you still can't help but lust over me." Kol smiled darkly. "But don't worry, darling. The lust is mutual." his hand slowly traveled down her back. Elena involuntarily shivered. She squirmed in his arms. Kol's face got closer to her's and she could feel his breath on her face.

Elena was interrupted by a hand breaking through the substance. Another hand came through and the debris of the black hardened substance fell to the ground. Kol's head popped up through the hole. He looked confused until his eyes fell upon Elena.

"Took you long enough." he said sarcastically.