Evolved

Technically she didn't exist. Well not only her but her entire kind. Lately there have been whispers and stories about them, the "Evolved" but the government would never acknowledge them. The Evolved were their very own secret, one that society would never accept considering their origins.

Bast knows that her freedom comes from the deception her mother carefully pulled off. That is how Bast has been blissfully living the life of a normal human being. That is until one evening Bast finds her mother dead in her own bed and foul play is evident. It's not like she can run to the cops, her mother isn't even supposed to be alive and there is no record Bast existing either. They are ghosts, but somehow the government that created her, discovered her mother's lie and want nothing more than to find Bast.

Will Bast be able to gain the help of a detective who believes that the law is the last word to turn against the government he fights to protect? Will she be able to discover the reason for her mother's murder? And the reason why they want her so bad?

Well she might have an idea for that one. I mean she is fast, really fast. Question is will it be enough?

A/N- This story will be updated after I finish with the Rejects story. There will be similarities between the two stories as this story takes place in the same place as Rejects but before the world "ended" and will explain more in depth about the beginning of the Evolved.