Still Fly

This is a test media story i'm having fun testing new features out. I will be using this draft to post and speak on several different drake music videos. Waaaaaayback playbacks as well as the new. It's preferred you play the video while I rant about the video. On second thought, I'm just going to go through videos in order of his come-up.

 On second thought, I'm just going to go through videos in order of his come-up

Song: Still Fly // Album: No Album (seriously)

So first off, this isn't the original version of the track, there is another version which just includes drake but it was purchased by this other Toronto native rapper named Page. So all we really get from this is drakes infectious hook.

I'm still flyyy, I'm sky high and I dare anybody to try and cut my wiings.

This song came out about 9 years ago. This is literally the crossover from wheelchair jimmy, the character from Degrassi, to the all new Drake rap sensation. I was in 8th grade around the time this came out and I knew who Drake was from some prior mixtapes but I had never seen his actual face until this music video released and then reality hit me. This is wheelchair jimmy. Jimmy the wheelchair was indeed a rapper. He rapped on Degrassi a few times but it seemed intentionally cringe. I couldn't believe he was ACTUALLY a rapper.

This song ended up being remixed by everyone and their uncle

This song ended up being remixed by everyone and their uncle. A lot of "YouTube" rappers were hopping onto the instrumental. What happened in this process was that all these other rappers actually kept Drakes hook in the song, and everyone just removed Page from the track. Where is Page today? I don't know. I also don't think anybody cares. People were hype off wheel chair jimmy spitting some bars. The internet was in a dark place at this time as well. It was cool to hate on people, but most of the time that hate generates into success. You'll see further into drakes career that he embraces the wheelchair jimmy loud and proud.