Hiccup

Shinichi was currently rolling on the floor in the library of the Kudo mansion, holding his aching belly and laughing like never before. He was even crying!

"Shin-chan!", Kaito whined besides him, sitting on one of the heavy leather chairs, pouting and watching Shinichi amusing himself. "That isn't 'hic' fair!"

But the detective laughed even harder, tears of laughter running down his pale cheeks as he glanced up at his friend.

"'Hic'!", was the only thing Kaito said, pouting even more as that caused the detective to sink back to the floor, begging for mercy. "P-Please, Kaito!" another laughing attack. "P-Please, stop! My b-belly hurts! Hahaha...!", he whimpered helpless.

"I c-c-'hic' can't!", Kaito replied furious, a cloud of smoke erupting around him.

That happens all the time since Kaito got his hiccup.

Because of all is gadgets and smoke bombs hidden in his clothes (bad habit...), every time he 'hic's, something explodes or his doves burst out of his sleeves. At the next loud 'hic' there were even several colourful balloons coming out of his clothes (Shinichi secretly wondered where he stored them... Kaito was wearing a thin black T-shirt and nearly skin tight jeans... So ho the hell did he do that!?)!

The helpless magician glanced at the detective. Shinichi tried to gather himself, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "S-Sorry, Kaito, I-"

But he was interrupted by another loud 'hic' of his friend and suddenly the prankster's hair was coloured in an intense purple.

That's it. Shinichi burst out in laughter again.

"Ahrrr-'hic'-rrgh!", Kaito yelled annoyed, kicking the table near him.

"Y-You know, it's probably your own fault... haha... I mean, with all your energy and that hyperactivity of yours, it had to happen sooner or later!", Shinichi tried to calm the magician down. But that didn't help much.

"I'd appreciate it, Shin-'hic'-chan, that if you're done laughing, you'd try to 'hic' actually help me!"

"Sorry..."

Kaito just sighed.

"Did you try drinking water?"

'hic' "Yes."

"Holding your breath?"

"Yupp."

"Getting scared?"

" ... 'hic'"

Shinichi just looked at Kaito, then suddenly jumped up. "Wait here for a sec." And he runs out of the library.

The magician just blinked. But before he could think about Shinichis strange behaviour, the young man returned.

"What are you 'hic' up to?" Kaito asked suspicious because of the other boys grin, causing an eruption of several coloured juggle balls. Shinichi grinned widely and fought hard to suppress his laughter.

Instead, he held something right in front of the poor magicians face.

It was silver and stared at him with cold unmoving creepy eyes.

"WHAAAAAAAA!?", Kaito shrieked (he'll deny that later, of course. Boys don't shriek.), eyes getting large in horror, he hurried to jump backwards over the chair to get as fast as possible as far away as possible.

Shinichi felt bad to cause his best friend such a panic.

But at least the hiccup is away now...