Chapter 1: Awaking In Asgard

I woke up, I was confused. I had woken in a mysterious place. I couldn't figure out where I was but I knew that this place was familiar to me and it was beautiful. I looked around and then, suddenly, I had realised where I was. I had woken up in Asgard, home of Odin and his two sons, I was astonished because I thought they were just legends. As I got up off the cold, hard ground; I felt really dizzy, like someone has hit me on the head. I managed to get up and I saw a silhouette walking towards me in the distance. I was a little scared, but, I wanted to know. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was Loki the God of Mischief. I know what he's capable of so I won't mess with him. He saw me and glared with his beautiful, blue eyes into mine. "Who are you, and how did you get here, mortal?!" He said sounding very intimidating. I didn't know what he was going to do to me but I had to answer him. "I am Athena and I don't know how I ended up here in Asgard, but I know who you are". "How do you know of Asgard?!" Loki demanded an answer. "I don't have to tell you anything Loki!" I said determined. I glared back at him.

I walked past him with him still staring at me, I walked the halls of the palace of Odin and suddenly, strange visions of Loki appeared in my head and they wouldn't go away. They crowded my mind, it was frustrating to see these visions I felt like I could cry. Loki could see that I was starting to cry. "Is there something wrong Midgardian?", he said with concern. He placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned to him and I looked into his eyes, as I looked into his eyes, it was like, I could read his mind, like something was worrying him. I was concerned about this matter. His thoughts were in my head. "I'm fine, just frustrated", I sighed. "Wait, why are you concerned? I thought you hated Midgardians". I stated. Loki growled, "I do!" He gave me an evil stare for a moment but then it went away. Loki turned his back to me and walked away in anger, which was leaving me confused, but I could see he was blushing before he walked away. As he was walking around the corner he stopped and looked at me "I don't know why you're here mortal, but for everyone's sake, leave Asgard and never come back, or else". Loki demanded and disappeared around the corner.

There was an echo of footsteps behind me. "Are you okay maiden?" A deep voice spoke. I turned around and there was a very muscular man with blonde hair and blue eyes in bulky armour. "Not really, what's your brothers' problem?". "How do you know of my brother?" He asked. "Well, my parents read me these stories of Asgard and who lived there when I was a child, so I recognised who Loki was and until now, I thought they were legends." "Well then, you must know who I am". He laughed. "Yes I do Thor". I said with a giggle. "May I ask what your name is?" Thor said with a smile. "Of course, I'm Athena". Thor lifted my hand and kissed it and said "Lovely name". "Well if you're here, then you may come to the ceremony where I will become king". "But, what about Loki", I said with worry. "Pay no attention to my brother, ignore him if you must."

Thor showed me the way to the ceremony, I stood to the side of the crowd, where anyone could barely notice me. As I stood waiting, I got visions in my head again, but they were more painful than before. I saw... Thor and Loki... arguing... Loki threatening him... and they began fighting, the visions went away. I was confused, I didn't know how this was happening, there's got to be an explanation.

The ceremony began, I saw Thor, walking down the isle. Everyone was cheering and it went silent. I could see Loki, standing by the throne in his green cape, gold armour and his helmet with two giant horns. He had a look of disappointment and jealousy. Everyone was kneeling but I was standing beside a pillar unoticed. But Loki could see me, I thought that he would have a look of anger, but instead, he gave me a cheeky grin, and then looked away. That suprised me. Just before Odin would proclaim Thor as king, Frost Giants were in Asgard, trying to steal the Casket. Luckily, none of them got away.

"The Jotuns must pay for what they've done". Thor exclaimed. "They have paid, with their lives", Odin stated. "The Destroyer did it's work, the Casket is safe, and all is well." He added. "All is well? They broke into the weapons vault, if a frost giant has stolen even one of these relics." "But they didn't", Odin interrupted. "Well I want to know why", Thor demanded. "I have a truce with Laufey, king of the Jotuns", Odin said with integrity. "But he just broke your truce, they know you are vulnerable" Thor stated. "What action will you take?" Odin asked. "March into Jotunheim as you once did, teach them a lesson, break their spirits so they will never dare try to cross our borders again", Thor replied with determination. "You are thinking only as a warrior", Odin added. "This was an act of war", Thor stated. "This was an act of but a few, doomed to fail". "Look how far they got", Thor started to yell. "You will find a breach in our defences, and it will be sealed." "As king of Asgard..." "BUT YOU'RE NOT KING!" Odin boomed. "Not yet" he added. Thor was broken deep inside.