The Hybrid (SCManex boyxboy)

The shaggy brown-haired boy ran as fast as his skinny legs would carry him.  His breathing was short and ragged.  He had been running for what seemed like hours, never daring to look behind him.  He was running away from a strange laboratory he had been raised in.  He hated it there.  Strange men in white coats always poked and prodded him as if he were different, which in a sense he was.  

   He was a hybrid.  He had shaggy white dog ears sticking out of his head and a long tail to match.  He had enhanced senses too.  He could hear the yelling of the scientists chasing him.  They were still a ways away but the boy was still nervous.  He was exhausted.  The scientists barely fed him, let alone gave him water.  He was very weak.  His adrenaline rush was starting to wear off and he was stumbling more often.  He still didn't know how he escaped the lab, and he was determined to never go back.

  He saw a neighborhood of houses up ahead.   Maybe someone over there can help me, The boy thought.  Using the last of his strength, he jumped the fence into someone's backyard.  There was a nice pool and lots of grass.  There was also a small section of hedges in a corner.  He dove into the prickly bush and painfully untangled himself.  He leaned against the wooden fence and let his breathing even out.

  I-I did it. I'm free.  The boy thought, a smile on his face as he fell asleep.

  The sound of splashing woke him up.  He peeked through the thick hedges and saw a little girl swimming happily with her blue floaties wrapped tightly around her skinny arms.  She was squealing excitedly and playing with her mermaid barbies happily.  She didn't notice him and the boy watched her curiously.  She didn't have ears or a tail like him.  Maybe she's different?  The boy thought hopefully.  He automatically pushed that ridiculous thought out of his head.  He knew the scientists didn't have ears and tails and felt like an idiot for even thinking that.  

    He suddenly heard a door slide open and a tall boy with tan skin walked out.  He had spiky black hair and chestnut brown eyes.  

   "Anna!  Your parents are here!  Hurry up and get out!"  He called out with a surprisingly deep melodic voice.  There was a groan of annoyance from the girl known as Anna.  The brown-haired boy heard her leave the pool, her dripping being heard until she closed the sliding door.  The boy almost stuck his head out from around the hedge until he realized that the deep-voiced boy was still outside.

  He heard him hum a song he didn't know as he sat down next to the pool.  He was using a twig and twirling circles in the water contently.  The boy looked around the hybrid's age which was 17.  Maybe I should leave...  The brown-haired boy thought nervously.  He felt like the boy would discover him and he didn't have a good reason for being in his backyard and for having dog ears and a dog tail.  

  "I know you're there."  

  The hybrid froze.  He felt a whimper starting to rise in his throat, but he quickly caught it in his throat.  He shifted uncomfortably, not sure what to say.

  "I heard you hop the fence last night, why are you in my yard?"  The deep-voiced boy asked, never taking his eyes off of the water.

  "I-I was running from....some people,"  The hybrid trailed off, noticing his hoarse voice.

  "Well, are you going to come out of the hedge?"  He asked, turning his sharp gaze toward him.  The brown-haired boy froze again.  He wasn't sure what to do.  If the boy saw him he would probably call the police.  If he didn't show himself, the boy would corner him.  With a sigh, the hybrid stuck his head out from behind the hedge. 

  "Oh.  Um, nice, uh, ears."  

  The hybrid felt a blush sweep across his face.  He looked at the ground, embarrassed.  He quickly hid his face again behind the bush. He was shifting nervously, not sure what to say or do.

  "Sorry."  Was all the hybrid managed to say without a whimper.  He heard the other boy stand up and walk over to the hedge.  

  "Oh.  So, are you a cosplayer or something?"  Was what the normal boy asked.  The shaggy haired boy looked up at the taller boy.

"W-what?  A cosplayer?  What the heck is that?"  

"Someone who dresses up like something they're not basically.  Because, if you haven't noticed, you're dressed like a dog."

"Um, no I'm not."

"But you have fake ears, and a fake tail."

"T-they're not fake."

A/N 

I felt like doing one of my OTPs in a cute little story so bam!  There you go.  Leave a comment and tell me what you think!

-Kat