Chapter 1: Amber

"Are you seriously making me do it?" I asked Ashley who was now holding my cell phone in her hand. "But you know he likes you even though you guys barely spoke in college after you had a thing in high school, and you..." I cut Ashley off at this point. "Even though he broke my heart in high school and avoided me in college, I was an idiot to really go on a date with him and sleep with him. Even though he is more mature as an adult now, he still the immature guy to me in high school." I said to Ashley and she just gave me an I don't believe you look. Leaving the party and walking up to my old bedroom, I walked up the stairs thinking how Jason and I reconnected.

Flashback

I had been walking in the park to sit down on a bench since I ran every morning because I really felt like I was getting fat. As I walked to the bench, I noticed my shoe was untied. When I looked down and looked back up, I knocked into someone looking down on their phone not even noticing me. "I'm so sorry Miss. Are you okay?" This handsome looking man, clearly 6ft and weirdly familiar asked me. "I'm fine, I just got a scratch but I won't die." I told him and he helped me up. "You look familiar, do I know you?" He asked me. "I'm Amber Anderson." I said and his face lightened up. "Amber. High school Amber. It's me Jason Maxfield." He sounded really surprised. "How long has it been? 8 years." I asked him, all the memories coming back to me. "That long. Even though we never spoke in college." He said and I smiled at him. For an hour or so, we were sitting on a bench catching up. He soon asked me out on a date and I accepted. Unsure if I did the right thing or not, I gave my number and address to him and exchanged goodbyes and I left to get ready.

It was around 12pm already and I decided to go shopping at my favourite store; Forever 21. After finding the perfect mid-thigh red dress and 6-inch Stilettos, it was already 3pm and Jason would pick me up at 6pm. Getting home the quickest way possible, it was 3:30pm and I needed to get ready. I put my shopping bags on my bed and grabbed my towel, taking a relaxing 10 minute shower, washing my hair with a lavender shampoo I loved. Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself and did my hair, blow-drying and flat-ironing my hair and putting it into a wavy-style. After I was satisfied with my hair, I got dress. After I had my dress on, it was 4:30pm and I still had to put my make-up on and heels on. When I did my make-up, I did a natural look so I looked a little hotter since I wasn't a pretty woman (in my eyes of course). When I was done with my make-up it was 5pm. I only had an hour before Jason came so I rechecked myself and I liked the way I looked. It was now 5:30pm so I put my Stilettos on and waited.

Waiting patiently for Jason to pick me up since we were going to an expensive restaurant I couldn't even pronounce. Soon after I heard a knock on the front door. I was beginning to get anxious because if Jason saw me, what would he think of me. I heard another knock and decided it's now or never to open the door. Opening the door, Jason's eyes widened as he saw me. "You look beautiful Amber. Better than I ever saw you." He said and I blushed. "Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." I said and Jason just smirked.

The drive to the restaurant wasn't surprisingly awkward. Jason and I were talking about high school, college and all the memories we spent together. It was nice talking about all those memories we made together. Soon after we arrived at the restaurant; The Pierre. Getting into the restaurant, we had a private table, away from everyone. Before I could even get to my chair, Jason had already pulled it out for me. "Thank you. You are a better gentleman now than in high school." I told Jason and he just smiled. "That's because I wasn't a proper boyfriend for you in high school." He said and I thought about what he just said. He was right he was a better person now than he was when we were in high school. Soon after we ordered our food and got to know each other even more since it's being 8 years.

"Jason you are much different than you were in high school. You actually grew up and became more independent since you own your own company and look at me, I own nothing. All I do is work and work." I said looking at Jason. "You have nothing Amber. At least you working for a good reason instead of relying on someone. That's the reason why I loved you in high school and still today." He said and I looked really shocked. He still loved me, even though he broke my heart by choosing my enemy in high school; Stephanie Jansen. "I thought you never loved me, considering you left me for Stephanie Jansen." I said, looking down at my dessert plate. "When I chose her Amber, I made a mistake. You were the one but I lost you the moment I made the wrong decision." He said and I looked up at him, tears in my ears. "Jason but you found me again. Maybe fate gave you another chance." I said and he smiled at me. "Amber, you always knew the right words to say." He said and I smiled at him. "We should get out of here." I said and Jason nodded. After he paid for the food, I knew something great would happen tonight.