Unknown Feelings

The pic on the side is of Katherina and Brett!!!

The night was dark and cloudless. Even with the stars you could hardly see that would take some getting used to there was no way that you could go hours without hearing a car drive by. The country was so much more different than the city. I missed not being able to hear the car horns, and the sound of a speeding car. The silent Minnesota nigh was a lot more calming than the blaring horns of California. Typing a very detailed email to my best friend I was sitting on the porch steps in the cool air. I had on no sweater; I loved the cold. There were no words to describe how I felt; tomorrow would be my first day in a new school. My best friend Jamie wanted me to email her every day. After thirteen years of friendship she was still trying to take care of me even though she was a day older then me she looked at that day as if it were a year. We had met when we were three at gymnastics. We were both shy and didn’t talk as much as the other kids. When I saw her crying in the bathroom because she didn’t have any one to talk to that was the day that we finally became friends. That was also the last day that I really took care of her. The other times that she had problems they were all minor. There were times when we had fights like all every one else, but we always stuck it through. This was no way to start off my junior year.  I had never started a first day of school with her by my side, but times always change and it was time to leave the nest. The only person that I would know was my cousin Lena. She was so excited that I was finally there she promised that this would be so much fun have yet to tell her what my friends and I did for fun. This town was too small to really do much. There wasn’t even a mall. The stores that they did have I never even heard if. Not that I cared that much about what I wore, I just wanted to keep my style. Foot steps interrupt my thoughts. When I turn to look to my side I see a pair of light green eyes. The same as a spring meadow.

“Did I scare you” were the first words that he spoke.

“No.” I said flatly “I don’t scare easily.” Then he smiled and stepped closer it was then when the light fully hit him did I see. He was good looking. Dark blonde hair and tan skin. He looked about six foot 3, but it was the good looking guys that you had to watch out for.

“Can I sit?” he asked. I nodded and made some room “What’s your name?”

“Why?” I asked cautiously. He smiled.

“Fine I’ll go first I’m Brett.” He stuck out his hand waiting for me to shake.

“I don’t know where your hand has been.” I said and he laughed

“I like you.” He said.

“And why do I care if you like me or not?"