After the wedding.

It was after the wedding as Domen was moving into the room down the hall, he was too happy about everything, too sunny and perky, I couldn't handle it.

"Koga, can you help me?" Domen asked.

"No." I replied with agitation.

"Please?" Domen asked.

I glared at him with anger, he continued to struggle alone with his boxes.

"Koga, you better help him." My dad said sternly.

Without complaining, I grabbed one of the larger boxes that Domen was trying to carry, I set it in his room.

"Thanks." Domen said.

"I don't like you." I said leaving his room.

Later that night, I was laying in bed quietly as I heard dad walking down the hall, he stopped in front of Domen's door.

"What's the matter?" My dad asked.

"Koga doesn't like me, and I don't know why." Domen replied.

"He just needs to adjust a little, he'll warm up to you." My dad said walking down to his room.

I rolled over angrily as I hid under the blanket and held my pillow close, I missed my mom and always wondered why she left, leaving me here with dad. I got out of bed and climbed out onto the roof, I was usually upset about everything that has happened. Mom left dad almost seven years now, and she hasn't come back and dad hasn't mentioned her either. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I looked at the stars, wishing I was up there with them.

#####

It was the next day as I sat alone at a table during lunch at school, everyone usually left me alone, but Domen sat with me. Before he could say anything, I grabbed my tray and left the room, throwing my unfinished food in the garbage. After school, I sat on a seat alone as the bus began to drive, the other kids were laughing and having fun.

"Koga's a freak, he doesn't belong in society like normal people." A boy behind me whispered.

I put my headphones on to ignore everyone, when the bus stopped in my neighborhood, I got off to be pushed over by a larger kid.

"Watch it!" He shouted.

I stood up and brushed myself off, I began to walk home when Domen joined me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Leave me alone." I replied as I pushed passed him.

"Koga-!" I cut Domen off.

"Shut the hell up, I don't fucking like you!" I shouted.

Domen was quiet as he followed behind me, I slammed the door behind me, right into Domen's face.

"Koga!" My dad shouted.

I stopped in my tracks as I looked at him, we glared at each other as Domen walked in.

"Apologize to Domen this instant." My dad ordered.

I looked at Domen angrily. "Why, do you favor him more?" I asked.

"Apologize!" Dad shouted.

"Oshiro, please don't yell at him, he's had a bad day." Domen said.

I walked off to my room in anger, I threw my bag on the floor, I grabbed my pillow and screamed as loud as I could. At about dinner, I laid in my room and refused to go eat, I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Koga, may I come in?" Domen's mom Rea asked.

I buried my head under the pillow, the door opened and closed softly.