1.

Chapter 1

It was the first day of school. The one day I can actually make an impression on all of the students.

My hair was messy, but my clothes were as clean as a daisy.

Did that even make since?

I brushed out my hair, letting them fall over my shoulders in perfect waves. A smile fell upon my lips as I walked outside with my bag over my shoulder.

Looking from side to side, there was no bus. I sighed irritatedly.

Usually, the bus would come at exactly six-thirty. Hearing a honk, I jumped out of fright. Staring in front of me, bus number twenty-one was parked in front of me.

Grumbling under my breath, I got on. I sat in my seat is at in last year with a humph.

After at least fifteen minutes, my friend Allison got on. She looked like a mess. "Hey, Alli"I smiled. She waved at me, and satin the seat beside me.

"Hey, Aria, how was your lovely summer," she giggled. She knew I didn't do anything for the summer.

All I did was stay inside like a vampire staying away from the hot sun. I gave her a glare, but laughed at the end.

I can never be serious.

"You don't need to rub it in my face, that I didn't do anything eventful for the summer." She snorted. "Of course I do, that's what friends are for," she chirped.

I rolled my eyes at her silliness. After thirty minutes of silence, we had finally made it to the school.

"Finally!" Allison cheered, fist bumping the air. "Remind me why I'm friends with you," I said with a little bit of humor in my voice.

"Because of how hot I am, how could you not resist being friends with mwah." She said it as a statement, which made me want to giggle.

I swear, she has to much of an ego. We stepped off the bus, and walked inside the school.

A seventh grader held the door open for us and I murmured a quiet, "thank you."

He grinned.

"You're such a goody-two-shoes." Alli nudged me with her elbow, a smirk on her face.

Walking as fast as I could into the gym, I threw my bag against the gym wall, making sure not to throw too hard.

I walked down to breakfast, where I assumed the rest of my friends were.

Making my way through the the small line, I grabbed apple juice, white milk, a tray, and pizza. Putting everything on my tray, I made my way towards the lunch table where I saw Shelby sitting.

She waved at me to come sit, so I practically ran to her. I sat down in the, oh so, uncomfortable seat.

"Hey Shelby, long time no see," I said, a smile forming. She hugged me gently. "I've missed you, Why haven't you spoken to me!" She scolded. Thinking up of a plan, I almost hopped out of my seat.

"I was caught up all summer with my cousins, you know, family stuff." I felt my cheeks heat up. Every time I lie, my cheeks turn a shade of crimson red.