The Floods of New-Tree

It was a Stormy day. The main lake showed fear of flooding. "It's just high tide." My mother tried to comfort me, but even I could see the fear in her eyes. If it flooded then we would have to move to the mountains, or risk the Mosasaurus' feeding on my two little brothers. They had been born in the late White-Tree season. It was now early New-Tree. They are about a month old, but still weak. They just started teething, soon my father will teach them to hunt. As he taught me when I became of age. As I am getting ready to go hunt with father, the Velociraptors bolt past. They have been further down the lake, they tell my father. The Flood is coming!!! My father tells me to go get my mother and brothers.

    We all start toward the mountain. Packs of all kinds are doing the same. As I look through the heavy rain, I can just make out the water creeping up the land. The Ravine next to us, crawls with beasts of the sea waiting to feast on our young. We start to move faster and begin the climb. I see a pack of Nasutoceratops' charging to the front of the herd, but got blocked by a family of Pachysaurus'.  "Come on son, we need to move faster... there is a cave at the top that only your dad knows about." My father explains. I start to move faster up the hill breaking away from the main herd, moving towards our cave. Things started to get bad when I glanced back to see the water getting higher, but other dinos still on the ground. I could picture the hungry Mosas' ready to start their feast. I push that aside and trudge up the hill

    I start to weaken and my legs ache. My father signals that there isn't much more to go until we get to the cave. I can now start to hear the roars of other dinos. The water is now high enough for the amphibians to start hunting on the land. I look down and see a Plesiosaurus attack a Carnotaurus. The battle doesn't last long, because the Plesiosaurus  tripped the Carno causing it to fall. From where I was standing, I could see the island we called Panos Isle. It was where Mother and I had gone to see our Utahraptor friends who taught us to fish. All that stood on Panos Isle now was the Sea Master Mosasaurus. He was lying on the surface as the water splashed at his sides, keeping him hydrated. He looked like a king on a throne, a king who would use this flood to help his people thrive.

    As we finally got to a flat top on the mountain, father revealed the cave, hidden behind ferns that had grown overhead. It was filled with sparkling crystals that seemed to fill my brothers with awe. At least it would keep them pre-occupied. I settled in the corner of the cave, making a nest out of the moss and leaves on the cave floor. When I was settled, I went to check on Mother and the twins. They had taken an indent in the cave. Mother had made a lichen hanging door. They had their own room. Father slept near the entrance, scouting through the hidden lookout hole covered my special plants that are "see through". As night fell on the cave, Mother had instructed us to go to sleep and that the flood would be over by tomorrow. To comfort the twins, I listened with belief in my eyes. She shot me a look of gratitude, almost detecting why I agreed, considering the fact that I would have protested otherwise. Anyways it was time for bed, and we would be home tomorrow.