T

Tara Kilkenny sat at the end of a long table with her small fingertips pressed against the cool material of the table. Sunlight was beamed around her body from the floor to the ceiling windows behind her. Her small frame sat perfectly still in the rotating chair as her eyes glanced from one man to another, smirking softly. "Guilty."

"He can't be guilty, he wasn't even in town the night of the murder!" One man exclaimed, jumping out of his seat and slamming his fist on the table.

"He has no sources, no records say he left town. His neighbor told us that she never saw him leave his apartment but once."

"Check his bank account, see if any transactions were made in another city."

"Already did that, still no evidence he left." She stood up and pulled out a folder labeled "T" and opened it, flipping through the pages with her tongue sticking out from in between her dark red lips. "See? The last time he's been out of town and made a purchase was three years ago in Detroit." She pulled out a document and moved her finger across the ink.

"Okay, maybe he didn't buy anything, maybe he just visited or something." The man said, obviously getting worried.

"We sent out a request to check all the security cameras to check license plates. We still haven't gotten any responses." She stood up and walked over to the window, studying the clouds in the sky and the cars and pedestrians down below. "Face it, Williams. You're cornered."

The man shook his head. "That's still not enough evidence."

Tara smirked and walked across the room, keeping her eyes out the window. The tension in the room was building, she could feel the glare into the back of her head from the man. She knew what she was doing, and she knew she had an arrest. "Autopsy reports came in today."

The man's eyes widened and he stayed silent.

"The bruises around his neck matches your client's, sir. The blood on his chest wasn't his, there was some of your client's DNA stained on his shirt and around the scene. When we went to your client's apartment, we checked his hand and he had a cut on the skin between his thumb and forefinger." She smiled and stood in front of him, looking into his eyes and crossing her arms.

"Damn you, Kilkenny." He stood up and grabbed his jacket and stormed out the glass doors. Tara looked at the man and smiled.

"You did it again, Tara."