Chapter 1

Del thrust her boots firmly on the muddy and slippery ground by rain water and blood. She was lucky that she could jump and crawl toward one of the tanks intact. She was tired of hiding behind her fellow soldier's lifeles body and using them as a shield while maintaining the defensive line that had been destroyed.

Del looked around. Hell, the most appropriate word to describe the situation. She was not sure if there were any of remaining 200 other soldiers that deployed in this mission left. Her tongue tasted bitter, and she felt like had been swallowing iron with mud. With the increasingly heavy rains, Del was checking solar bullet left in the gun.

This was a suicide mission. No one had been bothered to give any explanation before they were deployed to investigate suspicious activity in the Border Land of Ori. Now, she was not sure whether the emergency message for reinforcements had been received by headquarters yet ... the world had exploded when one of the sergeants made first contact with the suspicious object which had been captured by the detector. Del recalled how the suspicious object that was landed on the middle of the desert in Border Land Ori, began to float onto the air and changed into a black hole.

Black holes did not pull things around it, but spew alien monsters and deadly black substance. Del did not even know whether the object can be defeated only by solar bullet - official weapon ORI Alliance forces.

"Commander Quentin to the defense force on the borders... help on the way. ETA in about 30 minutes ..."

Del grabbed a communicator from one of the bodies of soldiers next to her. She took a deep breath.

"Lieutenant Del Solus to HQ! We cannot survive that long ... this object ... a monster. We need all the resources to destroy ..." Her voice choked when she had to double back in order to avoid a black substance that had slid towards her. Del saw what the black substance had done to a person, a substance that can melt the standard armor soldiers and killed slowly and painfully.

"... Del!" Commander Quentin hissed, forgetting about the formalities, he asked. "How bad?"

Del sought for the appropriate response to describe the situation. "Commander, I guess it's just me alone."

"... Damn. Solus would kill me if anything happens to you. Look, Del. It's an order. Do not engage the object, understand? Hide! Pretend to be dead if necessary! Whatever you do ... stay alive! "

Del wanted to laugh at the irony of the thing that was happening. While Commander Quentin barked with desperate commands, Del knew that she could not hide any longer while now she was surrounded by black substances and shapeless monsters.

Knew that she could not escape death this time, she answered loudly in the communicator to the commander. She lied.

"Aye aye, sir."

.

12 hours before the Border Mission

Aletheia the vast sky and the sea may Goddess be with you

For Dear Ori Tribe the bearer of the truth, the valiant and true of thyself

Thy Empath the kindest soul of all, compassionate and wise of heart

Thy Elementals the seeker of justice, the just and keeper of nature

Thy Highlanders the walker of the time, observer and the oldest of thy all

Green sea and the Ilos moon sing the song for Theia

Dear Theia may we won't be the lost in light nor darkness