Chapter 1: Hoku (Star)

My name is Lizzie. I'm a die-heart animal lover. Which means I'll do anything to help or save an animal. Because of that I've been thrown into a lot of bad and heart drenching situations. But it's me. That's probably how I got thrown into this situation......
___________________________•

HOKU'S POV
I trotted up to something that smelt like the animal shelter. Nasty. I hated the shelter but I'm even more scared now. I wished I'd never left. I sat down but heard a growl and took off. I ran until sundown. I looked behind me but didn't see the dog anymore. Phew. I looked around and saw I was out in the middle of a field. I let out a whimper. I starter lurking to the edge of the forest. I saw a huge creature and let out A yelp and laid down to watch it. When I yelped it jerked its head up. I sniffed and it smelt like the people at the shelter but the scent was different. It was confusing. It walked out into the field and I could swear it was starring at me. I let out a growl. It walked towards me and I jumped at it the same time I realized it was a human. She fell down with me licking her face. She laughed. "St-stop I-it" she said laughing. I stepped back and gave a bewildered look. "What?" She asked. " Oh for a second I thought I could you could understand me!" I barked laughing at myself. "So?" She stated. !!! What!!? "Can you understand me!!?" I yelped. She looked shocked. There was no way.
She understands me!!!!