Three in the Morning

As if her night couldn't feel any lonelier, she heard drops of rain pouring and hitting her window. She looked at her phone knowing damn well no one was bothering to talk with her. Its not that she didn't make friends, she had plenty. They just don't talk to her. Dinah sighed as she sunk lower into her mattress, playing with strands of her blonde hair. She stared at her notebook, which was clearly at the ready for when she got emotional. Or when she got an idea. She thought about her friends. Her, Ally and Camila had been fighting a lot lately. Dinah didn't like it, but she didn't have much of a choice. She had to go along with it, it was only healthy to fight in a friendship, right?
Dinah sighed yet again. If was only 2:34, the real fun didn't start until three in the morning. Dinah glanced at her guitar. She hadn't sung nor played in weeks. Its not like if she was busy physically, she was busy emotionally. Ever since summer started its like if shes gone into another version of herself. One that's more overprotective of herself, and one that has walls high up.
Already with the time spent in thinking how much she's changed, 5 minutes had passed.
It was still only 2:39.
She sighed yet again and thought about things.
Thats all she did really, think about things. It didnt matter what it was, shed think about it.
Dinah was slowly wondering if she was losing her mind.
She dismissed the thought.

She didnt know what to do. Usually when it came to waiting for three am, she would be doing things like reading or just wondering about her life in general.

She didnt want to do that today.

Dinah looked in the mirror. She looked at her blonde hair, her eyebrows, she even smiled to herself to see herself smile.

She didnt like it.

Dinah was getting impatient with herself.

Who the hell waited everyday until it was three am? Who actually looks foward to three am?

Dinah thought it was her thing. Everyone had a thing. And maybe three am isnt a normal thing, but it was her thing.

And she found comfort in it.

It was only 2:45. She didnt know if time was moving in slow motion or not. Dinah thought on about how Camila or Ally would react if they knew about her three am waitings.

They wouldnt understand.

Dinah couldnt look through her phone while waiting. Because then she would get the sudden urge to do reckless things at the tip of her fingers. She didnt have the energy nowadays to deal with reckless things.

She gazed at her walls. So bright and so dull. She thought about how someday shed be gone from here. New York came into her mind and she began to smile. It was one of the few things she looked foward to, apart from three am.

So she checked her phone again, 2:51.

Dinah was starting to get excited. She was on the verge of passing out, but she knew this would all be worth it. She wondered what 3 am would bring this time. It was always something different everyday.

Three am could only exist in the summer. So she tried her best to take advantage of it.

It was 2:55.

She was patient.

She didnt have to wait much longer, and she was glad for that. She wished 3 am could happen earlier in the day, but it would never be.

Because no other time was like 3 am.

And because Dinah wasnt top priority.

Two fifty nine in the morning.

Dinah was certain people would find weird on how excited she was getting for this.

She didnt mind though, because they wouldnt understand.

Then, the clock in her phone stuck 3 am.

It was time.

Like clockwork, Dinah got the notification.

She beamed at the bright screen. She got comfortable, and adjusted her hands on her phone.

She knew she was in too deep, she couldnt help it.

She was giddy, more than anything.

She smiled endlessly towards the bright screen.

She couldnt get over all the things that were happening at three am.

All the sweet nothings, all the carefree thoughts.

She couldnt help enjoying every second of it.

All the countless notifications.

Now she was certain she wasnt crazy for waiting everyday until 3 am came.

Shed wait all day just to be able to talk with who she believed was her better half.

She would wait forever if it meant shed speak with Normani Kordei.