My Brother's New Best Friend is a Werewolf

Cale's eyes were brown. Deep brown, tree bark brown, poop- no not that. Dammit Blaire, why can't you stop staring? God, he probably feels extremely awkward. He shifted in his seat, and I tore my eyes away from him.

“Mrs. West?”

I lifted my head, and met Mrs. Jewels devilish glare. Damn, I got caught again. I propped myself onto my elbows, and acted like I had been listening the whole time.

“Could you repeat the question?”

My entire class thundered with laughter, and even he grinned.

“Day dreaming again I see,” she taunted, “maybe next time you shouldn't sit so close to Cale.”

I mentally face palmed myself. I wonder who else had noticed. I could feel the rush of color spread across my cheeks. Was it just me or did it suddenly get overwhelmingly hot?

Mrs Jewels huffed smugly and went on about her lecture. Obviously proud of the humiliation she was putting me through. I glanced back at Cale, and was surprised to find his eyes already resting on me. My heart pounded in my chest. How could that much sexiness be in one guy? I turned back to the front of the class, and looked up at the clock. Five minutes until the bell would ring, and excuse all of us to lunch. And let me tell you, for that little while, I could feel his eyes boring into the side of my face.

Then it happened. The beautiful sound of the bell. I jumped out of my seat, and rushed past students to get out first.

“Blaire, may I talk to you for a couple minutes?” Mrs. Jewels screechy voice barked. No, matter of fact you may not. As much as I wanted to say that I had to be respectful.I trekked my way back to her desk, and stood there. My back slumped, I hope she notices how miserable she makes me feel.

Her old lady glasses were bridged at the tip of her nose; reminding me of an cliche librarian. “I can't help but notice how distracted you've been in my class lately.” She said, her expression seemed genuinely affectionate. I wanted to curl up into a ball, and just lie there until the day was over. Was the meanest teacher I have really being sympathetic? “I'm thinking that maybe you should consider not sitting so close to Cale.” Oh my god, I tightened my arms around my stomach, and tried to keep my eyes to the ground. I definitely didn't want to send this teacher the death stare. I nodded my head, and pretended to agree with her. She tilted her head up, and pushed her glasses up, “Well good. I'm glad we see eye to eye. Your excused.”          

I spun around on my heels, and shot out of her classroom.

“Don't you think McDonald’s sounds good?” I tensed, then looked to my side. There stood Jamie, my best friend in the whole world. She has long curly blond hair that cascads down to her shoulders. She hopped into step with me as we walked down the hall towards the lunchroom.

“You scared the freaking shit out of me!”

She laughed hauntingly then shoved me with her upper arm, “What did the McBitch want anyways?”