1

The smoke was intoxicating to me, unlike for other. The cringeworthy scent of the plant was my favorite smell. And most of all the taste put others on edge, but for me it made me calm.

"I, Lainee, promise to go to a rehabilitation center to get rid of this awful addiction I have," I smirked as I held my crossed fingers behind my back.

"Good," Victoria smiled, "let's go now!"

I was taken aback by the sudden jerk of my arm. I was literally dragged to Victoria's car as she pushed me into the passenger seat, and drove to the live in rehab center.

Let's go back maybe 5 or 10 minutes, yeah, that sounds good.

I was having my daily routine. I don't care if this sounds bad. I was smoking the weed Alexander had given me the previous day, as I always do. When my friend Victoria ran into my house and saw me. She suddenly started to lecture me and made me swear I would get help. She never said no crosses though, as childish as that sounds.

And that brings us back to the present.

"Victoria, is rehab really necessary?"

"Yes it is! Who knows how many conversation we've had and you were out of it."

I sighed as we pulled into the parking lot of the center. Victoria had signed me in and I was taken to a room that looked like a living room. There were many patients in the room, who knew what they were in for.

A few weeks had had passed when someone in the center had finally caught my attention. The redheaded boy only came in once a week, for who knows what.

One day when he came in I saw him speak to one of the girls who happened to be an alcoholic. I was tired of eavesdropping, seeing as they were talking about me, so I went outside and sat by the pond.

I was furious with the attendants here. I was having withdrawals.

I jumped as that boy sat next to me.

"Hi Lainee," he smiled.

"Are you a volunteer or something?" I asked awkwardly.

"No I've got something that calls for special treatments once a week," he laughed slightly.

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you have?" I asked while tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"I'd rather not talk about it," he shrugged "can I ask what you have?"

"It's none of your business, red," I laughed.

"My names Michael not red," he smiled.

"For having something wrong with you, you sure smile a lot."

"I know that one day this'll take me away, but I've still got a solid year," he said while smiling.

"That was deep."

"I try."

"Michael! It's time for your appointment!" One of the caretakers called from the sliding glass doors.

"Bye Lainee, can we talk again next week?" He asked.

"Of course."

And with that, Michael ran out of sight with a smile plastered to his face.

I turned to get up and saw Victoria had watched the whole seen from the window.

She ran out the door and gave me a lecture on how he looked like a bad guy, just like how she lectured me at my apartment.

"He's not a bad guy," I informed her.

"How would you know? You talked to him for like five minutes."

"And in that five minutes he was very sweet." I shrugged "except for the part where he said he was gonna die in a year."

"He's gonna die in a year? He's probably gonna overdose."

I stared at my friend in shock. Did she really just say that? She did.

"You do NOT ever say that EVER again." I yelled.

She cowered away from me as if I was capable of killing her. I was capable of doing that, just there were so many people around.

We had gotten into a fight and Victoria left, because of my awful threats.

I saw Michael, from the same spot my friend had been in, watching me. He waved slightly and smiled through the window. I returned the gesture and sat down on the grass again in my previous spot.

***
This is gonna be 'an internet friend series' so this is book one. For lifexosucks