The Prologue

Thomas has been barely hanging on since he lost his wife, Melanie, the day she gave birth to their only child Jasmine. Jasmine was a beautiful child, Thomas could aways see his wife in their babies' eyes. She never bothered a soul and rarely ever cried, almost as if she knew Thomas was grieving.
After 6 years on their own Thomas's heart had been out back together by his one and only child. The bond between him and his daughter could never be broken. Jasmine would never do a thing to disappoint or hurt her father, she knew how much he'd been through and how important she was to him. She was his only family since he lost his wife.
⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️✨
     This year has been extremely rough on the crops and Thomas's farm is crumbling. An insane cloud of birds seems to swoop in at the worst possible moment every single year. The old dilapidated scarecrow in the center of the field doesn't seem to be assisting the safekeeping of the farm anymore.
     "I think it's about time we get ourselves a new scarecrow, what do ya say kid?" Thomas questions while him and his daughter gaze solemnly to the field being nearly ravaged by crows.
     Jasmine nods slowly and Thomas loosely grips her hand and leads her to the barn that holds the farms tools where they create a new crisp scarecrow. He's small, around the height of young Jasmine, when not on his post. His smile is warm and lopsided and his eyes, though only buttons are so inviting. Jasmine gazes quietly at their little creation and smiles softly at him.
Thomas sets a hand on her shoulder "What do you say kid, wanna give him a name?" He asks. "Mmmm...can we call him...Lawrence?" Jasmine replies and gazes at the small scarecrow. Thomas smiles and says "I think Lawrence suits him." He turns and scratches the name into a small piece of scrap wood. "Would you like to do the honors?" He asks as he presents the small sign to his daughter. Jasmine grips the sign and a small amount of twine to tie the sign to Lawrence's post.
Lawrence watches the field day in and day out affectively halting the flock of destructive birds.