Road Trip

Kristen's POV

Everyone has waited so long for this day to come, and now it was finally here. Before finishing filming Breaking Dawn we all decided to take a trip back to Forks, Washington. The entire cast was invited, but only Rob (Edward), Peter (Carlisle), Elizabeth (Esme), Ashley (Alice), Jackson (Jasper), Nikki (Rosalie), Kellen (Emmett), Taylor (Jacob), Mackenzie (Renesmee), Cameron (Alec), Dakota (Jane), and I were able to make it.

A month after the premiers were finished we packed our things and met up in California. Since twelve of us were going we had to take a five-seating car and an eight-seating SUV to fit everyone. Peter drove the SUV with Elizabeth, Kellen, Nikki, Ashley, Jackson, and Taylor while I rode with Mackenzie, Dakota, and Cameron with Rob at the wheel.

The drive to Forks was long, but after a few food and bathroom breaks we finally made it. We checked into our hotel and grabbed something to eat at a diner. We got back to our hotel.

"What do you want to do now?" Dakota asked.

"I'm beat." Kellen said, crashing on one of the queen sized beds, folding his hands behind his head and closing his eyes.

"You weren't the one driving." Peter informed him.

"Car rides wear me out."

Peter rolled his eyes and let it go.

"I'm gonna drive around. Anyone wannna come?" I asked.

Dakota smiled at the idea, "I'll go."

"Same here." Cameron agreed.

"I'm not driving." Robert said at once.

"I'll do it." Nikki said.

"Anyone else want to join?" I looked around the room at the others who shook their heads. On the way to the parking lot Rob handed Nikki the keys to the car and we got in. Rob had shotgun, Dakota had left window seat while I had the right with Cameron in between.

The town hadn't changed much since last time we were here, but some parts we weren't able to explore. A little bit outside of town we found a long, winding road and decided to see where it let. During the ride Rob and Nikki got into a deep discussion about music, I was watching Cameron play Fruit Ninja on his phone, and Dakota listened to her iPod. Cameron sliced a watermelon with his finger.

"Look out!" Dakota screamed, making us all jump and look to the front windshield to see what she was talking about. A deer had wandered in the middle of the lane.

Rob steered to the lane to avoid it then made a sharp right to get back in the lane. He steered too sharp and crossed the center line making the car skid one hundred eighty degrees and slam into a tree.

Cameron's POV

The car hit the tree mainly on the rear end of the car on the left side - Dakota's door to be exact. Panicked, I looked to the left to check on her. She was unconscious. Her head had slammed into the window causing it it to almost shatter. The edges of the glass had cut her, making blood run down the right side of her face and on her left shoulder.

I started shaking her arm, "Dakota."

No response.

"Dakota!" I pressed my fingers against her neck and smiled as I felt a pulse.

"She's not waking up?" Rob asked, concerned

I shook my head without looking at him, my adrenaline kicking in, "She's hurt. We need to get her to a hospital." I looked around for my phone. It was gone. Great. We had an accident, there's someone potentially bleeding to death, and there's no way to call 911. I looked around to see if everyone else was okay. The worst damage was a few cuts and scratches.