The Storm and The Dove

This is my first story, so I hope you enjoy it (: 

       Chapter 1:

The flames danced around the small girl, trapping her and suffocating her to death. Her black spiky hair was once soft and beautiful, now it was caked in dust and tousled everywhere. Her brilliant blue eyes that held joy and happiness was replaced with terror. She cried desperately to be saved from the flames, but no one heard her. She knew from her heart, even though she was six years old, that she was going to die. Her mother died earlier trying to save her and her brother, and her father was still at work. He would never know that his whole family died and there was no one left for him. No one to love him. No one to make sure he didn't miss-match his socks in the morning before going to work. That was one of things that the little girl would miss dearly, her fathers lightning blue eyes lighting up every time he came home, or mother making her famous home-made chicken for dinner. He had a solid face with strong and detailed features; high and toned cheekbones, close shaved blond hair, deep caved-in eyes, and a thin smile that was lit everyday. Her mother had much softer features; beautiful soft brown eyes, a splash of freckles across her nose, and long silky black hair. Her smile was small but could light up like the sun in a warm summer day. The girl sobbed by those memories. She cried out once more before sinking to the floor and closing her eyes. Images swam through her mind as she slowly was losing the beating in her heart. That is until she heard a soft cry from across the room. At first she thought she was imagining it until she heard it louder.

"Thalia!" A young boy cryed out.

The girl shot straight up by the sound of his voice. She knew that voice, the voice of her brother. She moved towards his voice, avoiding the flames and the burned wood on the ground which was now in ashes. She heard it louder and louder as she moved closer, which led straight to a slightly open closet door. Inside was a little three year old boy, he looked perfectly fine. His cropped blond hair was covered in dust, his face caked in soot with little streams of tears, and his brilliant blue eyes blood-shot from crying in terror and desperation. Like the little girls. She ran to him and grasped him in her small arms. They both sobbed together in relief and joy in finding each other. 

"Oh Jason, dont worry! We'll escape and go to daddy, we'll live... I promise, Jason, I promise." The little girl promised.

"I know Thalia, but what about mommy?" Jason asked lifting his head to meet his sisters eyes.

"Jason, mommy died in the fire. It's to late." Thalia whispered softly as Jason sobbed harder than ever.

"But we will live in the memory of mommy and make her proud, but first we have to leave." Thalia whipped her eyes and stood up, lifting Jason into her arms.

Thalia wrapped Jason in her tattered jacket and dratted out of the closet. As they moved the ceiling was slowly breaking and was soon going to colapse, bring the rest of the house with it. Across the room was a broken window, leading to a nearby village. Thalia sprinted to the window, Jason in her arms praying to the gods that they will take pitty and let them both live. The hope that Jason carried encourage Thalia to keep moving and run faster than she has ever attempt in her life. She needed to keep Jason alive so that he can have a good life and see all the wonders and beauty in the world. Thalia was willing to sacrifice herself for Jason, so that he can grow up and raise a family like the one they used to have with mommy and daddy. She could see Jason getting married to a dazzling girl and raising a wonderful family. He would make a perfect father for any child who need love. But to make that all come true for him, Thalia had to reach that window before the house crumbled to ashes. She had to save Jason, if she saved herself that would be a blessing from the gods above.

They escaped the burning house that crumbled into nothing seconds after they left. Thalia's father came to the burning house to save his children and his wife, but he never came out. That left only Jason and Thalia in the Grace family, totally unprepared for the future ahead of them and the dangers that lie waiting for them.

There you go for Chapter one ^^ if you like it of have any suggestions about my little story please tell me and dont hold back. As much as I would LOVE to own the characters in this lovely story, I do not. Rick Riordan is the creator of the PJO and HoO characters. But this story is supposed to be about finding true love and all the challenges that came with it, but its the beginning and I feel that it is necessary that it needs a little back story. I apologize for my hidious grammar and terrifying spelling. I can create stories, but I cant spell and write... that's not a good combination if you ask me, lol. But thats why I'm writting now, so I can practice for the future. So please tell me what you think about the story and give me suggestions! Cause I need it despretly! I will try to post a new chapter everyday (: I hope you liked it